This is the timeline of the problems i have with the reader:
- Games freeze after a while, then AMS crashes. I eject and insert the sd card to fix the issue
- This happens every few hours, becomes annoying, i check on the internet and it appears it's a problem with the sd card reader (i tested 3 sd cards, every one works in my pc)
- Sometimes Hekate shows 1 bit mode, i confirm that the problem is the sd card reader
- I open the console. Bad luck, there are a few pins missing in the MOTHERBOARD.
- Options are replace the part or do a weird fix with cables that i found in these forums, i chose to replace the part
- i order two parts from AliExpress, i can't link it, so this makes it a little harder to diagnose my problem, i'm sorry
- two weeks passes, i receive the parts and went to a phone repair shop so they can replace the part
- They do the fix, i test the sd card
- i send fusee primary payload: "Fatal Error: Failed to intialize the SD card!. Press POWER to reboot" in white with black background
- i send hekate payload: Black background with yellow text "Missing LPO (sleep mode) library! Missing or old minerva library! Update your bootloader folder! press any key."
- i press a key, a menu appears, i can only move with volume options
- if i launch or check sd card info: "Failed to init SD Card! Ensure that the SD Card Reader is properly seated!"
- if i turn off Auto RMC and go to OFW, the sd card isn't recognized
- I suppose i really didn't seat correctly the sd card reader, after few tries without luck i ended up tearing up a pin, so i need to resolder with another part
- the repairman said that he wasn't completely sure, but the problem could be that the part was soldered upside down, could this be the case? if that's the case, how do we check wich way to solder?
- Could it be that i ordered a part that won't work with the console? or it's of bad quality?
- even after a few tries, it always showed me that the sd card reader wasn't properly seated, could it be that it's really hard to seat it correctly? or it simply is a generic error that shows even if the sd card reader isn't connected (i forgot to check)?
- any tips i could say to the repairman before he makes the soldering? everything looked well put, so i don't know why it didn't work
Last edited by qazmik,