Problem restoring backups with SavSender

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by AuthorX, Nov 28, 2007.

Nov 28, 2007
  1. AuthorX
    OP

Newcomer AuthorX Member

United States
    I have no idea where the lies, so I'll go over everything. First of all, my setup is an R4DS (of course), with a Nintendo Wi-Fi Connector on XP. I used this guide, so it's using the (modified?) Buffalo drivers and ASUS WLAN Control Center. I used this guide to SavSender, and I'm using NetCat Version 1.11 NT while savsend is (of course) 1.1.

After I was directed to savsend in another topic, I successfully copied saves from several of my DS games. Then I tried them with ROMs on the R4, and they worked. I successfully changed the save for Touch Detective 2 1/2 and transferred the new one to the original cart as a test. So far so good. However, for some reason my USB Connector shuts off after transferring the new save file. The light stops blinking, and I have to unplug it and plug it back in before it will work again, though for some reason ASUS still sees it there and working.
    Now, I'm trying to do the same for Ouendan 2 (after enabling RBA mode on the R4), and it won't work. Instead of shutting off after the transfer, it shuts off in the middle. SavSender just hangs/freezes, mid-transfer, and NetCat hangs for a while then quits on its own (same as success; though it will quit immediately if I unplug the non-functioning Connector).

Working (Touch Detective 2 1/2):
    I've tried several times, and it usually ends with exactly 15 dots, though once or twice it got further.

2. enigmaindex

Member enigmaindex the Scarecrow

Australia
    I got that aswell when i tried restoring saves. Took me like 8-9 goes to get it to restore properly.

And have you converted the save to the right format and size and what, before you send it back?

3. AuthorX
    OP

Newcomer AuthorX Member

United States
    I didn't know I had to do any converting at all. Like I said, I sent Touch Detective 2 1/2 back and forth without any problem, and the Ouendan 2 dump worked immediately by just renaming it and transferring it to the R4. Does that have to do with the "EEPROM of Type 2" and "EEPROM of Type 3" lines?

Also, if you got the same problem, can you tell me your setup? It might help to figure out what's wrong to know what we have in common.

~e~
    Well, since you said it took several tries to work, I decided to try once more, just to see. And, uh... it worked this time. Huh. So, thanks, I guess.