Problem reading DOLs

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by samusaran2311, Oct 5, 2009.

Oct 5, 2009

Problem reading DOLs by samusaran2311 at 6:16 AM (1,034 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. samusaran2311
    OP

Newcomer samusaran2311 Member

Canada
    I seem to have a problem with my Wii where some DOL files will be read, but other will not. For those that do not work, they seem to freeze my Wii until I unplug the console. Example, AnyRegion Changer v1.1 works, but 1.1b freezes. One of the main problems with this is that things like MIOS and CIOS patcher doesn't work, so I don't know what to do.

2. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    how does it not work?
    black screen?

3. samusaran2311
    OP

Canada
    Ya, it keeps the black screen, but as nothing happens and all DOL loading seems to fade to black, I can only assume it's a freezing issue

4. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    sounds like your IOS are not functioning properly.

try updating them with DOP-IOS

5. samusaran2311
    OP

Canada
    Ok, I know I'm a little noobish on DOP-IOS, but should I just be using IOS 60? which settings should I be using? I have to use DOP-IOS MOD, because the original freezes, and the standard is loading IOS 60, but it seems to freeze when it tries to boot the IOS.

6. samusaran2311
    OP

Canada
    Also, it seems that anytime I try to use a dol by Waninkoko (CIOS installer, WAD manager, etc.), my Wiimote turns off and does not work. I tried the Waninkoko WAD manager with Gamecube support, but it didn't help. Also, I have tried multiple versions of DOP IOS (still trying all possible verisons, but nothing seems to work), yet DOP-IOS MOD seems to work until I get to the loading IOS screen, as mentioned before. Are there any other suggestions as to what to do? Is there a way to completely revert my Wii to factory settings (without losing my data) and start from scratch (I did try using AnyRegion Changer, and am now on System Menu 3.2U, but this only let me install HBC)?