Hacking Problem patching GBA games

onmyown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using my SCSD/SC-miniSD fine with my GBA in the past, running it through the patcher with the default options (Saver, Restart, RTS) checked and playing them with no problems. The patcher I used was v2.55c

Then I recently got a DSL, and had no problems patching and playing games through it as well.

However, I recently tried to play some new GBA games again, but ran into a problem when patching them. Using the default options like I did last time, each rom turned out got me the white screen and cracking/spitting sounds on VisualBoy Advance (which I usually use to check a ROM - even a patched one - is working before uploading to my SD card).

Thought maybe the new ROMs I tried all just weren't supported, but then I tried a ROM that I had successfully patched in the past, and the same problem persisted. Every GBA ROM I ran through the patcher was just coming out corrupted.
frown.gif

So I installed v2.56 patcher, but encountered the same problems. Throughout all this, DS patching was still running fine.
Gave it a few more tries, and realised the ROMs could still be patched with only the Saver option enabled, but something was obviously wrong, as I'd successfully patched the exact same ones with all the other options turned previously.

Anyone know what could be the problem?

Thanks very much.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Try upgrading with the 1.63 file that comes with 2.55c package. The first 1.63 firmware file was buggy. Probably is not you're problem but worth a try.

onmyown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, my SCSD is upgraded to the latest firmware already (1.63b if I'm not wrong), but problem is still there, cause I guess the problem lies with the patcher, since even VBA can't run the ROMs patched through it.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/AkzulQxOgQs?si=UIe4puLCp7NoP3r7 seldom gbatemp shoutout +1