Homebrew Problem opening homebrew on an old (9.4.0.21E) firmware

Jarrad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble when trying to get menuhax on my old 3ds. I have successfully installed menuhax on my new 3ds, however for some strange reason it just isn't letting me on my old one. I get to the stage where the screen turns green (for a brief second) and then turns an orange colour to which I'm then brought back to the home screen after it freezing for a few minutes.

Any suggestions? I'm using the QR method (I've got the correct payload also on the root of my SD card, but it's still not working).

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clear your browser save data and try again.

In addition, once you get menuhax running on your 3DS, it is recommended that you downgrade to 9.2 for CFW.

Reactions: Jarrad

Jarrad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Strange. I tried it again for the first time and it worked (the load code showed instantly and I was brought to the homebrew menu, though I tried to install menuhax but I had forgotten that I didn't open the theme menu, so there wasn't a folder creatd on my sd card...)

When I try now I don't get any screen at all, the web page just freezes and I'm brought to the home menu with a message "An error has occurred."

Slowly losing faith..

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, browserhax is very unstable. I've downgraded around 6 or 7 3DSes. The 3DS I downgraded today worked first try on browserhax. The 3DSes I downgraded a few weeks ago, god, that was hell. It took me around 30 to 40 tries. I suggest clearing your browser save data from your browser settings at the very bottom, and rescanning the QR code.

If your 3DS browser just locks up, with no cool colors, that's not a good sign, you might not be hitting the correct spot, or you need to format your browser. Remember to zoom all the way into the slider, and tap the very right or very left. Today, when i was dealing with browserhax, I got the browser crash with no color, and fixed it by clearing my browser save data.

Last edited by Viri,
Reactions: Jarrad

Jarrad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand though.. why is it so unstable? Why does it randomly decide to only work when it wants to?

Surely it must be dependent on an external factor seeing as I'm given alternating time before I'm presented w/ the error message (and occasionally a yellow/orange screen).

It's frustrating.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clear your browser save data and keep trying. It's your own fault for not being ready to install menuhax when you had the chance.

Jarrad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Clear your browser save data and keep trying. It's your own fault for not being ready to install menuhax when you had the chance.

Have you not already commented this?
I know it's my own fault, I'm not blaming any one lol..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉