Homebrew [ Problem ] no$gba > M3 Real

Chaotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so ... Dissidia is coming, and I decided some months ago to re-replay ALL the Final Fantasy's main series ... FF1/FF2 on PSP, FF3/FF4 on NDS, and then I reached Final Fantasy V, on GBA.

Since I don't have a GBA, I decided to start playing on no$gba, but ... i think i'd rather play on my NDS, so i tried to convert the .sav file from the no$gba to the .sav file required for the game to run on the NDS ... using Shuny's Converter : http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

Source Format: No$GBA (.sav)
Target Format: Acekard 2 | CycloDS | EDGE | M3 Symply | NinjaDS | R4 | Supercard CF | Supercard One | Supercard SD | Top Toy DS (.sav)

still, after MANY attempts the game just don't recognize the save @ NDS ... the file is in the right place ( same folder as the ROMS ), the filename is the same as the rom name ( except the extensions, obviously ) ... so i really don't know what's wrong. It's a shame, really, since i have LOADS of .sav's I'd like to use on the NDS .

Any help is appreciated. x3

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
NO$GBA uses a compressed save format by default, which ShunyWeb doesn't handle. You need to go into NO$GBA.INI (in the same folder as NO$GBA; if it's not there, open NO$GBA and hit Options > Save Options) and find the following line:

Code:
SAV/SNA File Format == Compressed
And edit it to say this:

Code:
SAV/SNA File Format == Raw
The next time you load a game, the save will be rewritten, so that NO$GBA will start writing saves in pretty much the same way as flash cards. Because of this you should just try copying the save files directly to your DS once they've been rewritten.

Chaotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks mate!

I had the setting like this:

SAV/SNA File Format == Uncompressed

eh ... forgot i've been doing tests between no$gba and VBA saves >_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat