Problem - Looking for help please

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by magicmagic2010, Mar 18, 2011.

Mar 18, 2011
  1. magicmagic2010
    OP

Newcomer magicmagic2010 Newbie

United States
    Getting Confused - Looking for HELP!

Hi, First of all just want to say thanks to everyone on this website.

I softmodded my Wii a few months back. It's been going great!
    I have been playing the games via a WD USB HD, using USB Loader GX.

It was all working fine until the other day when a game I played a few weeks back, would not load? Tried a few other games... Some worked, Some didn't (Ones that use to work).

After the disappointment, I did my research as best as I could and ended up trying Wiiflow, Uloader and GFC loader with little success.

Games in question will load then crash at one of the title screens or not load at all.

The HD was formatted in USB Loader GX! (latest version)

The only thing I can think of is a few of the games on the HD have become Corrupt some how? If possible?

Running on IOS:249

I'm not a complete noob, but if you talk slowly it will be greatly appreciated, In fact any advice/solutions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

2. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    did you happen to maake any changes to your IOS? perhaps a newer rev of cIOS 249?

3. M1r0

Member M1r0 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Or an update on accident?

4. magicmagic2010
    OP

United States
    I didn't change the cIOS or update it, It was all working fine so there was no need?
    That's why I was so surprised. So far I know it's affected about 5/6 Games. I re-installed one and it worked fine. That's why I think it may be the HD. I just hope maybe the damage is done, and its not a continues thing. Any ideas? Thanks

5. M1r0

Member M1r0 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I would just reinstall all your games. Was the harddrive formatted by usb loader gx to be wbsf? I know that WBFS is now actually not recommended, and that FAT should be used. Wiiflow has very good FAT support, and I'm not sure about Usb Loader GX's support. Did you make any changes on your wii when this started happening (install a wad, priiloader, update, play a new game)?

6. magicmagic2010
    OP

United States
    Hi, yep the HD was formatted using USB Loader GX (I'm not sure how this is formatted, I just did the default format)

I installed wiiflow, CFG usb loader, uloader and a forwarder to wiiflow the games that would not run still did not run on any of these loaders.

Thanks

7. M1r0

Member M1r0 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You have to also format the drive differently. Format it with FAT, and then use wiiflow.

8. magicmagic2010
    OP

United States
    Can you use FAT with Wiiflow. Also is there a way I can back up what's on the drive?

9. M1r0

Member M1r0 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's better to use Fat32 on wiiflow, not only supported, recommended. I don't understand what you mean, back up what's on the drive. Isn't the drive meant to load BACKUPS? Why backup your backups?