Problem in Mario Partners in time

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by gyljen, Jun 4, 2006.

Jun 4, 2006
  1. gyljen
    OP

Newcomer gyljen Newbie

Sweden
    After i defeat boss Kamek and Yoob make an appearance up on the cliff the game hangs?
    Anyone have the same problem? It's Mario & Luigi - Partners in Time (EU)(M5) i'm playing.

/jope

2. DevilCrash76

Newcomer DevilCrash76 Member

Germany
    Possibly you are in the wrong forum, since M&L PIT is a NDS game. Neverless i heard about that 'freeze'. Please look up for a solution here.
    Because i played this game (until the end!) from a retail cartridge (the game in definitely worth buying!) i could not help you in detail.

DevilCrash76

3. gyljen
    OP

Newcomer gyljen Newbie

Sweden
    Okej, i'll try the US version of the game instead. Have a supercard SD.
    It's for my son, i'll let him try games before we buy the.

Anyone have a savegame at the end of Yoshi Island for supercard SD?

JOPE

4. meangreenie

Banned meangreenie Banned

United Kingdom
    The euro version has a bug with Supercard with the latest patchers (freezes at second boss or something)...

If you need the Euro version patch it with 2.51 software and disable all options including "Fast Game Play" (it runs fine then)

see... http://www.scdev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3967

5. uph4m

Newcomer uph4m Member

United States
    I'm having the same problem but using an M3 SD cart and using the US version and still a freeze. Any suggestions? I'm running it at fast boo 1xdma and no reset or trim rom

6. Nestea80

Member Nestea80 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    For the ones using US version and Supercard ... patch with version 2.44

7. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    I have nothing to really add to the topic, just to advise anyone against spending money on this game, its garbage compared to the first one. [​IMG]

8. shaoranm

Newcomer shaoranm Advanced Member

Philippines
    Do you have a copy of that version, or maybe a link where we can download it? I tried looking for it in the Supercard site but they only have a copy of the latest version (app ver 2.55 and sd_163.bin)

9. meangreenie

United Kingdom
    See my post above, that same site I linked to has all the older versions in the download section.

Get 2.51 for you're type supercard and patch it all 3 main options off (though you probably get away with the trim option)

10. shaoranm

Philippines
    I already tried the link before but it doesn't work (it actually does but since I am no member, I cannot access the page). I wouldn't want to register just because I needed the downgrade, I feel it is unfair...

11. meangreenie

United Kingdom
  12. shaoranm

Philippines
  13. aerofan897

Newcomer aerofan897 Newbie

United States
    I made a .sav file just after beating the part where the game freezes, so if you would like that, please PM me.

14. shaoranm

Philippines
    Thanks! Maybe just for backup, in case everything does not work. [​IMG]

Although I won't get to have my previous stats.... But that would be the final straw...

Thanks again!

15. aerofan897

Newcomer aerofan897 Newbie

United States
    I have uploaded the Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time gamesave to my school server. It is saved at just after the monster dies or whatever on Yoshi's island, then you are eaten by it and you go to a dungeon in it's stomach. I have been very thorough up until this point so I think everything should be fine.

Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time Gamesave (after freeze point) (Right click: Save As)

Be sure to rename this save file to be exactly the same as your ROM file, or it will not work. Of course be sure to leave the extension .nds.sav and not .nds.dsq

I should mention this is all done on a Supercard, and works with both my Supercard SD and Supercard Lite MicroSD. I have not tried it with any other cards. I was able to get past the freeze point by patching the ROM with an older version of the Supercard software with all options disabled.

Let me know how it goes!

aerofan897

Edit: I should also add that at this point you receive a new move, which allows you to press R (I think) and change modes. You can then drill underground and do something else.. be sure to check that out.

16. shaoranm

Philippines
    Thanks aerofan897, it was really helpfull...

and the repatching thing did the trick.