Problem getting Super Paper Mario to work

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SpaceJump, May 28, 2007.

May 28, 2007
  1. SpaceJump
    OP

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    I have two PAL Wiis both with Wiikey installed by the same professional. No matter how I burn Super Paper Mario, I can't get it to work on one of the Wiis.

Here's what I did:

- Burned it on a TDK -R on 4x: doesn't work on Wii A (isn't recognized), but works flawlessly on Wii B
    - Burned it on a Verbatim -R on 16x: again doesn't work on Wii A (isn't recognized), but works flawlessly on Wii B
    - Now comes the best part: Burned Eledees on a DVD+RW, that works on Wii A. Then burned SPM on the SAME DVD+RW and it isn't recognized [​IMG]

Anyone has an explanation why SPM doesn't work on Wii A? All other games work. What could be the problem?

2. shtonkalot

Member shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

Australia
    Some Wii drives are picky about media type and burn quality.
    I've seen media work fine in one that won't detect in another, and then the same thing in reverse for another media.
    Possibly the different burns on the same media are differing in their quality?
    If that is all the different media you have then I would advise trying some more discs, particularly some +R media.

Are these discs all burned on the same burner? Can you try the same discs in another burner?
    Is there a Wii C available to try the discs in?

Does the +RW Eledees work in Wii B? Just would be interesting to know more than helpful to you.

**EDIT**

OK now I feel dumb for missing this but... You do have the region free thing enabled for your WiiKey with the setup disc, don't you..?

3. SpaceJump
    OP

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    This was it. One time he went accidently to the Wiikey setup with Wiikey Setup Disc 1.2 and clicked straight "save settings" so that the region free option was set to off. Thanks for your help.