Problem getting my SNES games to show up on the emulator.

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Last Celebration, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Last Celebration
    OP

Newcomer Last Celebration Newbie

United States
    I'm trying to get Super Mario All-Stars to run on the SNemuDS. The actual emulator boots up fine but it's not reading the games I have on there. I'm using the CycloDS iEvolution, and lameboy works just fine, if that helps. Anything I'm missing?

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Don't compress the ROMs?

3. Last Celebration
    OP

United States
    No, they're uncompressed. in fact, the emulator says the files are pretty big when I try to load the roms.

4. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    So they DO show up..... cuz that's not what you said in the topic and your first post.

Also, what exactly is the problem and any pertinent messages you get/see/read?
    Also also, SNEmulDS has an .INI or .CFG file at the root of your card with a start-in path, make sure that's where your games are.

5. Last Celebration
    OP

United States
    The actual games don't show up, but when I try clicking the Load ROMs button anyway I get something about files. Something about "Large ROM detected". Sorry,
    I should have specfified. I'm pretty sure I've done everything right to set it up. The .cgf and SNEmuDS.nds are in the root directory and the games are in their own seperate folder (SNES directory?) for the games (Super Mario World, Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario All-Stars + World).

6. twiztidsinz

United States

When asking for help saying things like "I get something about files. Something about "Large ROM detected"" is pretty much the WORST thing you can do. Error messages are there to tell you whats wrong, without knowing what they say the people trying to help you won't be able to.

What is the extension of your SNES files?

7. Last Celebration
    OP

United States
    Okay, sorry for not being as specific as possible. Here's the stuff I get when I boot up the rom or when I try Select ROM after the blank screen:

Loading /SNES/ U(X)(B)U(X)(B)U(X)(B)U(X)(B)AU(X)(B)AU(X)ptr=0x206a480
    Large ROM detected. CRC(1Mb) = a738ea1c
    Title:
    Size: 33852744 bytes
    ROM Type: LoROM

All-Stars + World is .sfc, Super Mario World and vanilla All-Stars is smc.

Again, sorry for not being as specific as possible on the first post. I had just figured I made an xtremely comon error or something.

8. twiztidsinz

United States
    Try getting rid of All-Stars + World, .SFC is Super FamiCom which I don't think SNEmulDS supports (though I could be wrong, I haven't really tried it in a long time).

I've never seen an error like that before.

9. Last Celebration
    OP

United States
    I tried deleting it and got the same thing. Then I deleted everything and still got the same thing. My files are in the fight place and everything, so I'm just gonna download SNEmuDS again and see if that works.