Problem connecting to wifi - R4i Gold Plus, 3DS, Phantasy Star 0

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by spritezero, Mar 11, 2012.

1. spritezero
    OP

Newcomer spritezero Newbie

United States
    So I'm trying to use the wi-fi feature of Phantasy Star 0.

I'm booting the rom off of my R4i Gold Plus cart on my 3.0.0-6U 3DS.
    - The 3DS wifi connects to hotspots without problem. I can connect to nintendo shop, netflix, etc.
    - When I run Phantasy Star, and select "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection," I get a message saying

"Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection treats your Nintendo DS Game Card and the System as a set. Save this system's Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection User information to this Game Card and connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection?"

Selecting No sends me back to the main menu, so obviously I choose yes. It then says that there are no available access points in range.

So then I go through the game's main menu to "Nintendo WFC Settings" which sends me to a connection setup screen.
    However when I try to set my access point up through this, it keeps saying the information is invalid.

The ONLY thing I could possibly see that's preventing the connection is that the Wi-Fi seems to only have WEP as an encryption option. My access point is WPA2. Is there a way I could fix this?

Please help, and thank you for your time.

2. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    Nintendo DS games use the original DS network security, that means WEP only :(

So your only choice is to change your network security to wep

3. spritezero
    OP

Newcomer spritezero Newbie

United States
    Ah, I was afraid the answer was the simple one. Thank you