Hacking Problem burning Wii ISO with ASUS laptop

RuRuCP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Gamers!

I bought my new Wii in the UK with the chip D2SUN inside and the vendor showed me two backup copies working fine. On the other hand, I had download two reliable Wii iso that worked for most of the people. I have checked them with GC tool and both are identified as Mario Kart and Call of Duty, being both PAL versions.

My surprise came up when burning both iso files using Nero 7, 4x and Verbatim DVD-R (recommended by the vendor) and surprisingly my Wii try to read the discs but nothing happens. Not "error disc" neither "bad file" kind of error but purely, it keeps reading them until I ejected the disc. Then no other Wii disc could be read (even the Wi Sport), I need to reboot the Wii and try another time and the same history again and again.

Yesterday I went to talk with the vendor and he said that could be my DVD burner in my laptop and I should use a desktop machine (is what they do in the shop). For instance, he gave me a backup game "S&M Olympic Games"and worked fine in my Wii (burnt in a Preston DVD)..so he argues that the chip works.

I have tried Imgburn at 2X and verify the disc after that and nothing changes: the Wii can not load the game, it just tries to read the DVD again and again.

Im quite confused with this. The DVD burner in my ASUS core2duo is a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-850S.

I checked the ISO with GC tool yesterday and now I have just done it with Wiu 1.0. Everything seems ok with the ISO,( Good size, Europe region, make code: 01 Nintendo )

Anyone can give a hand please?Any recommendations?

Cheers

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't really matter what you DVD burner is, as long as you have a DVD burner. However, you're burning too slow - burn at 8x or above. It used to be true many years ago that slower was better, but not anymore. Don't burn at 4x and 2x!

DVD-R + DVD Burner + Imgburn + 8x or above = excellent Wii discs.

There's always the possibility that the games you downloaded are corrupt. A good Wii dump is exactly 4,699,979,776 bytes. Also in Imgburn, make sure you choose "Write image file to disc", NOT "Write files/folders to disc". I'm surprised sometimes, but a lot of people I've come in contact with have made that mistake.

RuRuCP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi lilsypha,

Thanks for the comments!

This is what I told to the vendor when he explained to me that probably my laptop could cause the failure DVD burn.

The tool Wiu 1.0 has everything in it: size, region check, update patch. In my case, when I load the mario kart ISO with Wiu, it shows the size you mention and the region is PAL as the Wii.

I just asked to a collegue at work to burn the same ISO with ImgBurn at 2X in a Lenovo T61 laptop. I will try this DVD tonight and I will let you know. Although I will try:

DVD-R + DVD Burner + Imgburn + 8x or above = excellent Wii discs.

but to be honest I would expect too much difference about burning at 2x or 8x but thanks for the advice!

I also used Nero 7 -> Recorder -> Burn Image but the same problem arose: the Wii cant load the game (just seems to halt while reading, none of the Wii or Gamecube pictured discs in the TV screen stops rotating..). I dont get any black screen for instance just both discs rotating.

Cheers

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, see how your colleague's burn turns out - but seriously, stop burning so slowly!
smile.gif
The absolute minimum you should be burning anything is 8x, unless somehow you're still able to buy 4x discs.
tongue.gif

RuRuCP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

Even if it sounds a bit odd, the DVD I burnt with my colleague's Lenovo T61 usign ImgBurn 2X plus Verbatim DVD-R worked like a charm in my Wii!
So no explanation about why my ASUS core2duo was doing a bad job burning Wii ISOs ... (both laptop have a Matshita DVD burner)

At least, we know that could happen. My laptop is running a Vlite stripped down version of Vista Ultimate but the DVD drivers are updated. A non sense by the way...

andreq

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
I just asked to a collegue at work to burn the same ISO with ImgBurn at 2X in a Lenovo T61 laptop. I will try this DVD tonight and I will let you know. Although I will try:

I don't want to crap on Nero software, but have you tried to use ImgBurn on your own laptop?

It sure is THE only software I would use to burn CD/DVD images. (Nero is still good for audio CD
wink.gif
)

That might be that Nero don't set the DVD drive settings the same as ImgBurn does.

Give it a try
smile.gif

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
@andreq, he said he did and it failed.

I don't think burning speed has all that big an impact on the laser, and i've burned all my games at 2x which work flawlessly.
Do whatever works best for you.

RuRuCP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I burnt a few data DVDs with films, audio and everything went ok. Again, if I burn a Wii iso, then insert the disc into my Wii, nothing happens just keeps reading the disc but can not load it. I have tried with different iso (Call of Duty, mario galaxy) and only Naruto 2 disc was loaded but then I got a black screen...

I was thinking about buying an external DVD burner. it is probably the only solution for now.

I dont think installing gamma channel in my Wii would sort out my problem burning DVDs with my laptop, wouldn't it?

Any comments would be appreciate it.
RuRu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2