Problem backing up my copy of Saints Row 2

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by WeaponXxX, Nov 18, 2008.

Nov 18, 2008
  1. WeaponXxX
    OP

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    So as those who have read my post know, I back up my own 360 games and have done this with about 30 games with no issues that I am aware of. Due to the recent ban wave I have been playing off of my retail copy of Saints Row 2 however today I decided to be brave and least test my backups of Saints Row 2 and Call Of Duty: World At War offline. COD works great without a hickup however Saints Row 2 is laggy as hell at the start screen. So I burnt a second copy, that one was laggy as hell too!

Now I could reback up the game and try again but before I do that and waste a third disc I was wondering if anyone knew if it is possible my computer was having an off momemnt and made a bad backup? Data is data I'd imagine...I mean a bad burn sure...but a bad backup? Any thoughts on this?

2. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    Man, thats not a bad burn, I think thats a bug in the game. I have friends with the retail version of SR2 and the start screen is laggy as hell. My 2 backup copies are laggy too but sometimes they aren't lol. Doesn't bother me much I guess but it is annoying.

3. BiscuitBee

Member BiscuitBee Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug

Canada
    I can also attest to the laggy nature of the starting screen. It started to stutter after I updated game. Before the update it was fine. I guess it doesn't hurt the gameplay.

Anyone know what they updated?

4. WeaponXxX
    OP

United States
    Well it is pretty bizare that my original runs flawlessly but good to know its not an only me issue with the start screen. It is interesting about the lag after the update. I'm not a 360 hacker and know nothing of the system but a lot of people claimed to get banned after updating SR2 and COD5. In my head I wondered if it was possible to install an update that would detect if your console is flashed which is why for a bit I even hesitated to play online with my retail copies and the patch. However I can attest my retail copy of SR2 patched online plays flawless all the way around.

5. 754boy

United States
    Nothing can detect the firmware, thats why its safe to update if it asks you. We getting banned because of a screwed up game, but no one has pinpointed which one yet. [​IMG]

6. WeaponXxX
    OP

United States
    That is what I hear, they can't detect firmware and if that is true since I make my own backups I should be fine since I'll never play a flagged copy everyone else plays. At the same time pirates pirate and game companies try to stop pirates so I never say they CAN'T but rather to my knowledge they can't.

However I'd assume they could always find away to detect the program I use to make my backups as well.

7. BiscuitBee

Member BiscuitBee Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug

Canada
    I didn't test it properly so I don't know what fixed it... either way. The startup screen doesn't lag for me anymore because:[*]Updated to NXE and/or[*]Installed to Hard Drive Good times.

8. 754boy

United States
    LOL, I was gonna test this as soon as I got home from work today. Now I'll install it [​IMG]