Problem at DSTT's loading.

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by test84, Jul 11, 2008.

Jul 11, 2008

Problem at DSTT's loading. by test84 at 9:39 AM (4,336 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    Hi,
    A friend of my mine recently got his DSTT but has problems.
    The problem is when he inserts the DSTT, it says loading (with white background) and it says there.
    I told him to format his memory with FAT and copy latest Firmware (consisting of TTMENU folder and TTMENU.DAT) but its still the same.

He tried another memory card but the problem still resides.

Thanks in advance.

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

make sure hes unzipping the loader to the mem card and not just putting the zip on there also try telling him to blow into the mem card slot on the TTDS sometimes even the slightest dirt /debris can cause issues [​IMG]

also give him this guide link on youtube

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cScvXOWHFIc

[​IMG]

3. moonwell

Newcomer moonwell Member

Iran
    thanks for u help man ...Im the Friend [​IMG]
    this is how i copied the firmware in to MICROSD ram ..
    [​IMG]
    I delivered the DSTT to dealer , but ill retake it from him for few hours later to test ur ideas on it [​IMG]
    I wish i can play it as soon as possiblle ...im a superfan of NDS [​IMG]
    as i took the DSTT ill take a pic of the Loading page and upload it here [​IMG]

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    That looks right. He may have a bad DSTT. Have you tried his microSD card in another DSTT? That would be the quickest way to find out.

Otherwise, try turning on the NDS with the DSTT installed but without any microSD card in it. He should get a "No Card" icon. Then try a freshly-formatted microSD card in it without any firmware. He should see a "Menu?" icon. Then put version 1.14 of the firmware on (TTMENU folder and TTMENU.DAT file), add an empty folder, and a few games into the new folder. He should now see the menu with the list of games.

-Bri

5. moonwell

Newcomer moonwell Member

Iran
    thanks for ur help pal [​IMG]
    i tried the first one ...i mean i entered the TTDS into the DS without Mircro SD card and then i got NO CARD icon ..but i didnt tried the second ... i mean the fresh-formatted MicroSD ram inserted .....:-?
    ill try this one too as soon as i took back the flash card [​IMG]
    sorry ...should there be a SYS file too ? :-?

6. Bri

United States
    OK, it's good that you got the "No Card" icon, because at least the DSTT is making some contact with the NDS. That doesn't mean there isn't a hardware problem with the DSTT, but it's a good sign.

It should create the TTMENU.SYS file the first time the menu runs. Make sure you only put a few games on the microSD during testing -- you want to always leave some room for the .SYS file and for save files and other files that are created.

-Bri

7. moonwell

Newcomer moonwell Member

Iran
    thanks again [​IMG]
    I have 1GB Micro SD ram and its just 300 MB filled with roms and the firm ware.....im happy its not hardware problem ... [​IMG]
    Ill get back the TTDS about one hour later ....and ill need ur help so muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch [​IMG]
    How much it normally takes to load the firmware ? [​IMG] may be im hasty ? [​IMG]
    well i normally waiting for 1 or 2 mins [​IMG]

8. moonwell

Newcomer moonwell Member

Iran
    when i enter a freshly-formatted MicroSD card in it the LOADING icon apears again [​IMG]
    ive also cleared the slot and still that damn loading [​IMG](
    This is the Loading page ...
    [​IMG]

9. Bri

United States
    I have never seen that icon. I wonder if it has something to do with the newer firmware versions. So this is a formatted microSD card with no firmware on it? Older versions of the firmware had an icon that said "Menu?" if it couldn't find the firmware. Maybe someone can confirm whether or not this is the correct behavior with the newest firmware.

To answer your previous question, it normally only takes 1 or 2 seconds to load the menu.

-Bri

10. Kazumastars

Newcomer Kazumastars Advanced Member

United States
    It has that little icon everytime it loads. Maybe your file got minor corrupted when downloading? Try redownloading an older firmware like 1.13 instead of 1.14. See if the same problem persists.

11. moonwell

Newcomer moonwell Member

Iran
    i redownloaded the file for many times i tried older versions too [​IMG] like 1.07 , 1.08 , 1.14 and 1.13 ...but the Loading apeared as allways:(
    also the files are zip file so if it had corruption during Download it should send Error while its extracting ...isnt it ?:-?

12. Bri

United States
    I've never seen that icon, but it might be because the menu loads so quickly. It literally takes less than 1 second to load the menu on mine.

moonwell, have you put a microSD card into the DSTT that doesn't have the firmware on it?

Also, do you have more than one DSTT? I suspect that your DSTT may have a hardware problem, but it's difficult to tell unless you put the microSD card into another DSTT and confirm that it works.

-Bri

13. moonwell

Newcomer moonwell Member

Iran
    yeah but the Loading page apeared again ....
    2.no i dont have 2 TTDS.......[​IMG]

14. Bri

United States
    Unless they've changed the hardware, there should be a "Menu?" icon if you put the microSD card with no firmware into the DSTT.

I'd say that you have yourself a hardware problem. You'll want to contact the store from which you bought it and exchange it for a new one.

-Bri

15. moonwell

Newcomer moonwell Member

Iran
    thanks for ur help pal ...ill do that at once...lol [​IMG]

16. moonwell

Newcomer moonwell Member

Iran
    The problem was from the lil slot of Micro SD ram in TTDS....[​IMG] it had harware problem ...when i put the Micro SD ram into it the sound CLICK didnt come out [​IMG]

17. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    الان رديف شد؟

18. moonwell

Newcomer moonwell Member

Iran
    off topic: ??? ???? ?? ?? [​IMG]