Hacking Problem accessing Priiloader Hacks with Uneek+DI NAND created with Modmii

Videomanman87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,
I am having problems accessing Priiloader Hacks with Uneek+DI NAND created with Modmii. Specifically I have a game or two that I need to block disc updates for. But at the moment I can't seem to get into the Priiloader menu. I know I installed it when I created the NAND via Modmii, but so far haven't been able to access Priiloader to do the system menu hacks. Tried holding down reset and priiloader item in the apps of the SD card that was done with Modmii

I also tried Startpatcher but that gives me the error "The patch section was not found in the DOL" when I try to do pacthes. Which as far as I can tell means that Priiloader has already patched it, although it sure doesn't seem to be effective as the disc still wants to do a update.

Any ideas? This one is leaving me scratching my head lol.

UPDATE
I forgot to mention that discs that do not contain system updates work fine in the disc channel under Uneek. HOWEVER other disc loaders do not. Neogamma for example just starts then sits there doing nothing. The mount disc option in USBLoaderGX says "no disc in drive" even though it is there. The Load Disc option in Postloader just sits there after starting just like Neogamma. And these are discs that otherwise load fine in Uneek's normal disc channel. Also these are original discs not backup copies.

Videomanman87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have Priiloader on my real nand and it works well. I did manage to find the actual priiloader.app file and I suppose I can just install it manually as per here http://gbatemp.net/threads/sneek-hacks.300303/ but I thought I would ask here first to double check I wasn't doing something wrong. And if anyone actually had built and NAND lately with Priiloader working. I haven't tried using the usual install file for Priiloader as I have read that is problematic when trying to install to a emulated nand (crashes then corrupts). Fixable by renaming files, but a pain.

There is a app called Magic Word (written by the same author) that allows you to access Priiloader by running it. However in my case it accesses the real NAND Priiloader not the emulated NAND which I found rather surprising.

By the way, I did try updating the emulated NAND with ModMii and it said that Priiloader was already installed.

Katalin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Enable the region and skip disc update hacks in the di menu. The most common menu hacks are available through that.

(Press 2 while in the system menu)

Videomanman87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enable the region and skip disc update hacks in the di menu. The most common menu hacks are available through that.

(Press 2 while in the system menu)

Ah I had a feeling there was a config somewhere I was missing. However there isn't a skip disk update hack there. Only skip error and a debug. Along with a few video options.

I did manage to get the hacks installed by removing Priiloader via Modmii modify NAND option (the instructions at https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/sneek/removing-preloader didn't apply of course) then startpatch (http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/StartPatch) worked fine. So obviously Priiloader was doing something even though it is suppose to be ignored.

Katalin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
While in the config menu's you can use the + and - buttons to switch between more options.

The problem with startpatch wasn't Priiloader doing it's things, but just startpatch that couldn't find the System Menu exe, because the Priiloader exe was in it's place.

Reactions: Antonio2311

Videomanman87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While in the config menu's you can use the + and - buttons to switch between more options.

The problem with startpatch wasn't Priiloader doing it's things, but just startpatch that couldn't find the System Menu exe, because the Priiloader exe was in it's place.
Ahh you are quite correct. Strange I could have sworn I tried + after 2 as thought that would be the logical method to check for another page. The built-in hacks doesn't have everything but it does have skip disc update. Still handy thanks. :)

And yes I should have been more specific. Priiloader was installed, not enabled but there enough that Startpach couldn't function and threw it for a curve. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended