Hacking Problams with House Of The Dead :Overkill (PAL)

Tripwire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i still can't get it to work what i tried:

House of the dead scrubbed
House of the dead 3 different iso's
tried to burn them al on different speeds
Tried patching them to force to ios249
I tried gamma loader and softcipR83

All my other wii backups worked with my sony dvd-r dvd's except house of the dead and Shaun white snowboarding.

Nothing worked still get:

"An error has occured.
Press the EJECT button, remove the game disc, and turn the power off.
Please read the Wii operations manual for more information"

WhiteWingedKnigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alphax13 said:
Takeshi said:
alphax13 said:
Does the pal version work on us console?
If so, can you explain how/what you used.
Compatibility list says PAL doesn't work when forced to NTSC. Maybe you should try the US version.

...... 3 days wasted dl`ing.... Fuck.

Thx. Isnt there some any region player? cioscorp or something, wouldnt that work?

Use Wiifrii and change the the region overall, I did that with some games of mine that froze on the green screen, so that way you don't have to force NTSC or anything like that.

But it could not work, but worth a try...

Azadar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CAN someone help me out I downloaded a torrent which said it was NTSC only to be freaking PAL I installed the update on my NTSC wii and while it boots now the game locks up before booting.

I think Im screwed been out of it a while, is there a way to remove the PAL update and put the NTSC version of the update on which I now have!!??

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
Mhm..I also have a little problem..it won't boot from the Disc-Channel (btw, I have a WiiKey 1.9s), but from GeckoOS, it just works fine...strange..
wacko.gif
Works fine for me from Disc channel (same chippy)
huh.gif

samred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After two different burns, my issue is that the NTSC version freezes up on my 3.3u Wii at the exact same point in the third mission, "Carny." About halfway through, once the heroes get on a carnival ride, Washington starts saying something to the other dude, and the vocal audio starts repeating like a skip, then the game dumps to that warning screen. Gonna try using totally different media--thought the issue was that I burned at 8x instead of 2.4x, but I'm duplicating the error that way. Thanks.

Overkilled

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
samred said:
After two different burns, my issue is that the NTSC version freezes up on my 3.3u Wii at the exact same point in the third mission, "Carny." About halfway through, once the heroes get on a carnival ride, Washington starts saying something to the other dude, and the vocal audio starts repeating like a skip, then the game dumps to that warning screen. Gonna try using totally different media--thought the issue was that I burned at 8x instead of 2.4x, but I'm duplicating the error that way. Thanks.

I'm facing the same problem as you, although mine happens after the barrel throwing zombie part. My video totally freezes, audio skips and jumps . Tried burning three times, with the last one being from a different source.

I currently have a 3.2U version, downgraded from 3.3U (accidentally updated it to 3.3u because of wii music, argh). I might attempt to restore my wii back to 3.3u to see whether it works.

On a side note, I usually burn my stuff at 4x .. so far no probs with my other games, SSBB included. If all else fails, I'll just download a save game and resume with the next chapter, sigh.

nexx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone found a solution to the problem in the original post? I have the same problem using an open source wii chip, on a pal console with a pal backup of the game. Other games such as mario kart work fine and were burned on the same type of discs so i dont know what the problem is with this game.

shistos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was using crappy Tesco DVD -R and it was real hit and miss and mainly disc errors. Tried Verbatim DVD -r and every burn is a good one.

Holt said:
for me, worked fine from disc channel too, must be your media, try a different one.

Darkflame.fire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miau The Anderson said:
vistauk said:
When playing on softmod 3.4E

You insert game and start it up the game comes with a error saying :

"An error has occured.
Press the EJECT button, remove the game disc, and turn the power off.
Please read the Wii operations manual for more information"

Is there anyway around this

Thanks in advance

I have the exact same error. All my other games were burned with the same kind of DVD, at the same speed, and all of them work on 0.3 Gamma.

I tried burning it once again, different speed, and messing with Gamma configurations, but no luck.

Does anyone else have the same error? Or did anyone found a way of making it work?

Cheers

You know thats weird I burned House of the dead with utorrent burn it to a maxwell dvd-r disc put it on the wii and it worked fine using Gamma the only problem is that the game is black and white so i dont know what the problem is I tried to mess with the options but still black and white

thisdyingcause

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install the Custom IOS36 rev7. Fixed the problem for me, I was still using an old version. You might have to get rid of the old IOS249 before installing.

jcasti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To fix the black and white issue use a loader and go to the settings and force your region and enable the vidtv patch

I tried this with Backup Launcher v0.3 gamma with no luck (green screen). Do I just have a crappy download (all my prior backups have worked so I know it's not my media)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM