Hacking Problams with House Of The Dead :Overkill (PAL)

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
patch to ios249 and try that also try wii scrubber to extract the main.dol and then use Generic Wii Patcher to remove 001 and 002 error and then replace the "patched" main.dol back into wii scrubber save and reburn hope this works worked for a few of games for me...castlevania Judgement Spy Games Elevator missions and need for speed undercover (removed the blue screen error)

ByronFortescue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Have the same problem.. PAL/Softmii 0.9.5/Preloader 0.28

Weird thing is.. This afternoon it worked, now when I try to boot up the disk I get the :

"The Disc could not be read..
bladiebla"

Error..

EDit: crap, now other games are giving errors too, this happened ever since I went to preloader 0.28, can I downgrade to 0.26 ?

REALDEAL

Trophies
XP
Country
REALDEAL said:
trying to backup this without success using verbs -r using backup laucher doesn't load at all usual error message turn of wii etc , tried ios patcher put it in current ios says 33 typed 249 and burnt this( only tried patching for trial and error purpose didn't expect it to work) ,same error so if anyone has a success lmk how u got it to work..............

thanx mods for moving i did do a search but must of not looked hard enough sorry...
got this to work fine both copies .........both thru gamma and softchip.........
i did not have rev 7 installed , well thought i had this version running. when i changed ios in softchip to 249 it listed v6 ans installed wigators and now upto date all games run fine...that ddin't...........guess i have downloaded so many wads apps etc

so i would make sure running rev7 guys.....

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pal works works perfectly on my NTSC wii, just run SoftChip r84, and where it says "System Region" chsnge it to "Disc Region". the game will work perfectly then I already beat it.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoftChip r84 ? It was not out yet.
wink.gif

MillionsKnives

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HaloBenish said:
Pal works works perfectly on my NTSC wii, just run SoftChip r84, and where it says "System Region" chsnge it to "Disc Region". the game will work perfectly then I already beat it.
Do you have a link for r84? As far as I can see from the changelog on the softchip google code page only goes up to r83, and there is nothing about it in the softchip thread.

MickeyBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
You have a solution for not having a mini freeze in the game? I have a Wii 3.2E (CIOSCORP) because I feel that 2 players in a little more than freeze, thank you in advance;)

getrehl

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HotD Overkill NTSC on NTSC wii using the loaders works fine for me. I have not yet had any 3x speed slow downs either. I only removed the update from the .iso prior to burning with Img Burn, 6x speed, Verbatim -R's.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked that question on other thread but nobody answered so far..

Will this backup game run just fine on 3.3U with Wiigator 0.3 Gamma ? I just dont want to test it on my 3.3U with a new game so I want to make sure and ask you first.

YellowYoYos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I have HoTD overkill NTSC and I have just ran into my first problem, on the Carny level nearing the end when Washington says " Are you holding my hand?" The game always freeze's right then. The game also kinda lag's sometimes when loading into different rooms ect. Just posting my results
tongue.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Mhm..I also have a little problem..it won't boot from the Disc-Channel (btw, I have a WiiKey 1.9s), but from GeckoOS, it just works fine...strange..
wacko.gif

M-A-F-I-A

Trophies
Website
forum.fobby.net
XP
Country
Italy
shistos said:
M-A-F-I-A said:
With softchip r83 working great.

Can you tell me what settings you used as I get an exception error on r83. thanks

game's language :default
Set video mode: Disc region

The rest all disabled

My copy is multi 5 , wii 3.2E with cioscorp installed.

The game wrk fine, only occasional frame rate dips

shistos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent works a charm. Many thanks.

M-A-F-I-A said:
shistos said:
M-A-F-I-A said:
With softchip r83 working great.

Can you tell me what settings you used as I get an exception error on r83. thanks

game's language :default
Set video mode: Disc region

The rest all disabled

My copy is multi 5 , wii 3.2E with cioscorp installed.

The game wrk fine, only occasional frame rate dips

BrokenVisage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MillionsKnives said:
I couldn't get the PAL release to work correctly on my NTSC Wii either. Everything I tried gave me no good results. Forcing PAL to NTSC on Gamma gave me the same error screen. Trying to load it with SoftChip gave me a green screen. I could get it to load with the default settings for Gamma, but the image was black and white and distorted looking, likely due to the fact that my TV can't properly display PAL signals.

Regardless, I ended up just wasting 4 gigs of bandwidth to find out that I should have just waited a few more hours for the NTSC version to go up >.< Oh well, it's all worth it because this game (aside from the spotty stuttering) is totally awesome.

This is exactly my problem too. I have a D2Pro clipped on and all my other backups work fine. This one either gives me a green or distorted B&W screen which is unplayable. Softchip does nothing, GeckoOS does nothing, Gamma does nothing. Could someone please advise? Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.