Hardware Probably will need to send ps3 in for warranty(question)

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my ps3 is most likley bricked and is under warranty so I will send it in(bricked via a bad HDD) Will they re-flash it or send me a new one? I want to be able to downgrade it later , so if they send me a new one then I can't Right? When My wii got bricked they sent me a new one instead(well, they replaced the Motherboard which Is essentially the same thing)

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They will likely send you back your own PS3(I say 95%). But for the 5% that's left why don't you just try to fix it yourself if you know the problem and replacing your own HDD does not void the warranty.

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They will likely send you back your own PS3(I say 95%). But for the 5% that's left why don't you just try to fix it yourself if you know the problem and replacing your own HDD does not void the warranty.
I'm working on it, but if my HDD bad then they won't give me a new one unless I send it to them , if it isn't then it needs to be flashed

Tom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HDD's bad , If anyone has a laptop sata hdd ( like 20gb or something) they'd be willing to part with for 10 shipped that'd be awesome.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Usually the console will be updated with latest firmware and the parts that are broken will be changed. In this case, I'd say that they'll update your console instead of giving a new one out, since I'd assume Sony having the tools needed to reflash the console to original stock status.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over