Hacking Probably too many questions for the noob thread...

diffikolt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have a lot of questions and I’d really appreciate any help you can offer. I’ve been pretty busy over the past couple of years, so I haven’t had time to game much and never got around to updating or hacking my Switch. My daughter is finally to the age where she is really wanting to get into gaming, so I was hoping to finally get everything set up.

Heres where I’m at: I own 2 Nintendo Switches, both on firmware version 3.0.0.

I also own several games that I want to be able to play online including Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros Ultimate. My wife wants me to buy Stardew Valley for her and I’ll also buy Mario Maker 2 soon and Animal Crossing when it comes out.

I work out of town, so I’m HOPING I can hack BOTH switches(one at home for the wife and kid and one with me), but I understand if that’s completely impractical.

I purchased TX OS Pro when they originally launched for one of the switches before I purchased the other.

Here come the questions:

1. Should I use the TX OS AND Atmosphere, or is that unnecessary? (Basically, is there anything atmosphere has that TX doesn’t.)

2. Which of the following guides is more up to date/reliable for hacking? If I should only use TX OS, are either of the guides useful at all?

a. https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

or

b. https://switch.homebrew.guide/

3. Can I update using choidujournx and still use my sysnand online without getting banned? Or will the lack of burned fuses cause me to be banned? Or is using my sysnand in general on a hacked console with emunand unsafe either way?

4. If playing online will lead to a ban in question 3 no matter what, am I better off just using one console for hacks and one for online games/games I’ve already purchased and will purchase in the future? (The obvious answer here is yes, but it depends on question 3 and whether there is a safe method of playing online on a hacked console. From what I THINK I understand by reading through several threads, there should be.)

5. In your opinion, which is better currently: Lakka or true Retroarch? This is the main reason I’ll be hacking. I know RA was behind in the past, but I assume it’s at least caught up and probably surpassed Lakka.

I THINK that covers everything. Thank you so much for any help you can provide! I really appreciate it.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
>>1. Should I use the TX OS AND Atmosphere, or is that unnecessary? (Basically, is there anything atmosphere has that TX doesn’t.)
Atmosphere works fine for me but I haven't set up the emunand feature.
I heard that is a bit easier on TXOS.

>>2. Which of the following guides is more up to date/reliable for hacking? If I should only use TX OS, are either of the guides useful at all?
I always use https://switch.homebrew.guide/
If you follow the directions properly, it works.

>>3. Can I update using choidujournx and still use my sysnand online without getting banned? Or will the lack of burned fuses cause me to be banned? Or is using my sysnand in general on a hacked console with emunand unsafe either way?
choidujournx is for updating the firmware or installing an additional firmware on your emunand.
Nintendo doesn't check fuses yet to determine if you are a pirate. But nobody knows when they might change something.
In general, if you set up the emunand properly, you should be able to play online.
Using any Homebrew or CFW might cause you to get banned (as happened to me trying to add the pPlay videoplayer to my Switch).

>>4. If playing online will lead to a ban in question 3 no matter what, am I better off just using one console for hacks and one for online games/games
Playing online with a clean console is always the safest way to enjoy your online games.
Guaranteed no problems or bans.
In general, if you set up the emunand feature properly, you should be able to play legally purchased games without any problems.
But you never know if Nintendo will change their mind.

>>5. In your opinion, which is better currently: Lakka or true Retroarch?
I don't know the answer to this question as I have never used both.

diffikolt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>>1. Should I use the TX OS AND Atmosphere, or is that unnecessary? (Basically, is there anything atmosphere has that TX doesn’t.)
Atmosphere works fine for me but I haven't set up the emunand feature.
I heard that is a bit easier on TXOS.

>>2. Which of the following guides is more up to date/reliable for hacking? If I should only use TX OS, are either of the guides useful at all?
I always use https://switch.homebrew.guide/
If you follow the directions properly, it works.

>>3. Can I update using choidujournx and still use my sysnand online without getting banned? Or will the lack of burned fuses cause me to be banned? Or is using my sysnand in general on a hacked console with emunand unsafe either way?
choidujournx is for updating the firmware or installing an additional firmware on your emunand.
Nintendo doesn't check fuses yet to determine if you are a pirate. But nobody knows when they might change something.
In general, if you set up the emunand properly, you should be able to play online.
Using any Homebrew or CFW might cause you to get banned (as happened to me trying to add the pPlay videoplayer to my Switch).

>>4. If playing online will lead to a ban in question 3 no matter what, am I better off just using one console for hacks and one for online games/games
Playing online with a clean console is always the safest way to enjoy your online games.
Guaranteed no problems or bans.
In general, if you set up the emunand feature properly, you should be able to play legally purchased games without any problems.
But you never know if Nintendo will change their mind.

>>5. In your opinion, which is better currently: Lakka or true Retroarch?
I don't know the answer to this question as I have never used both.

Thanks a lot for the answers you provided. So is my best bet to update sysnand normally once I’m hacked? That way I don’t have to worry about them detecting my fuse count is off which is one less thing? Is there any real advantage to preventing burned fuses other than downgrading?

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks a lot for the answers you provided. So is my best bet to update sysnand normally once I’m hacked? That way I don’t have to worry about them detecting my fuse count is off which is one less thing? Is there any real advantage to preventing burned fuses other than downgrading?

I Recommend you to use emunand for only offline use ( I use sxos they have xci loading atmos not) if you want to avoid the ban hammer never go online with cfw here is what I did

-create emunand first in the sxos menu
-activate emunand and update with choi
-sysnand for online use never for hacks

So in this way you have 2 consoles in one

At this time any thing you do with a hacked switch online will get you banned thats why we have emunand for hacking and backup loading there but if you want a online game is better spending $60 instead of $300 for another console

Last edited by Nezztor,

diffikolt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Recommend you to use emunand for only offline use ( I use sxos they have xci loading atmos not) if you want to avoid the ban hammer never go online with cfw here is what I did

-create emunand first in the sxos menu
-activate emunand and update with choi
-sysnand for online use never for hacks

So in this way you have 2 consoles in one

At this time any thing you do with a hacked switch online will get you banned thats why we have emunand for hacking and backup loading there but if you want a online game is better spending $60 instead of $300 for another console

Right, but should I risk using Choi for my sysnand update, or should I just update sysnand normally through the settings online through Nintendo?

I’m concerned about them banning me in the future for the fuse count being off.

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Right, but should I risk using Choi for my sysnand update, or should I just update sysnand normally through the settings online through Nintendo?

I’m concerned about them banning me in the future for the fuse count being off.

The only pro of doing that is that in the future you can downgrade(if is lower than 4 it can be used to enter cfw without rcm but but you will end using emunand online and risk a ban too but yeah you have a very gold fw) it's not necessary because your switch work with rcm hack what I'm doing to make my sysnand the more clean possible is updating normal way it depends what you want

If keep your sysnand lower is very important to you yes use Choi but you will end using cfw to do it so ban hammer when you use it online and you have to enter in rcm mode every time or it will burn your fuses so if your child/wife forget to start in rcm say good bye to your fuses autorcms exist but if it loses battery it can semi brick your console

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)