Hacking Probably going to switch USB Loaders... couple quick questions

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently using USB Loader GX, and while I absolutely love the interface I've had enough problems with it that I want to switch. I'm looking at Configurable USB Loader and uLoader. The biggest draw of uLoader to me is the support for NAND emulation of WiiWare/VC games and saved games/dlc. But how well does that run? Does it run fast enough to be usable every day? I mainly want it for expanding my Rock Band 2 DLC collection, since RB2 only supports 2GB SD cards. And what kind of compatibility is there, both for saved games and the WiiWare/VC games? Just a link to a compatibility list would be great.

Also, is there any reason to run a FAT32 partition instead of a small FAT32 partition and a large WBFS partition?

EDIT: And yes, I've seen this:

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...n_compatibility

for WiiWare/VC compatibility, I'm more wondering about saved games.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
raptir said:
Also, is there any reason to run a FAT32 partition instead of a small FAT32 partition and a large WBFS partition?
Some WBFS drives get corrupted easily (it seems this happens if you formatted with certain WBFS managers then add games after removing others). There's also the ability to use the drive for things other than Wii games with FAT32.

Really, if you already have a WBFS drive with a FAT partition for covers etc., then there is no real need to change over. However, if you are starting fresh, you should definitely start with FAT32 for the highest compatibility and usefulness.

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I was using NTFS, but I wanted to switch since only Configurable and GX support it, plus I learned you can't rip new games. I'm really more concerned with which loader/IOSes I should use, but thanks for clearing up that FAT32 is actually better in all ways.

ECJanga

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
raptir said:
Well, I was using NTFS, but I wanted to switch since only Configurable and GX support it, plus I learned you can't rip new games. I'm really more concerned with which loader/IOSes I should use, but thanks for clearing up that FAT32 is actually better in all ways.

How did you get it to work in GX? All I get is a black screen when I try to start a game up. Sometimes it even 'freezes' in the menu already. I can then browse games, but I can't click anything.

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to make sure you're using cIOS 222 as your "base/default." Go into the global game load settings and make sure 222 is selected. Also, unless you've enabled beta updates, you need to be using cIOS222 v4.

ECJanga

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
raptir said:
You need to make sure you're using cIOS 222 as your "base/default." Go into the global game load settings and make sure 222 is selected. Also, unless you've enabled beta updates, you need to be using cIOS222 v4.

Ah, I've been using v5. Will try v4 first thing in the morning.

ECJanga

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blah, installed v4 yet same thing happens. When I click a game, it sort of 'freezes' allowing me to only browse through the games and nothing more. Can't even go to settings.
EDIT: Yes the CIOS is set to 222.
EDIT2: Reinstalling USB Loader GX fixed it. It´s even working in IOS249 now. But I have IOS249v19 just so you know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.