Gaming [Probably Fake] Nintendo Direct on 22 July?

Fake?

• Total voters

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh..does the Switch actually support a proper, accurate stylus? I mean it's just a normal capacitive touchscreen right?
its a multitouch screen commonly used on newer phones

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i think its a bit to graphically intense for the switch.
and that it has been delayed for about 5 years now

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and that it has been delayed for about 5 years now
well crackdown 3 and resident evil 2 remake also lol, some games take years to even show a gameplay trailer :P.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country

The fuck are you talking about? Assuming you say that to imply that it will work; Multitouch has nothing to do with it. The thing is, without a specifically made screen / device you can't have a proper stylus. Why do you think the Galaxy Note, for example, is special and makes a huge deal about the pen? Because it's accurate as fuck. They implement graphic tablet functionality. If the Switch is capable of that, they would have made styluses a huge deal already.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Uhh..does the Switch actually support a proper, accurate stylus? I mean it's just a normal capacitive touchscreen right?
You don't need to be so accurate with Mario Maker. Even then, it's entirely possible.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
You don't need to be so accurate with Mario Maker. Even then, it's entirely possible.
Look, if that was the case, then it would be optimized just as well for fingers. I'm questioning the rumor based on the focus on a "stylus", cause that just oozes bullshit spewing from someone who wanted to create a rumor. A proper stylus can not be implemented on a capacitive toushscreen without a pen digitizer, as i've previously stated, the shitty styluses for phones and the like, are more of a tool for people with shaky hands and the like, and not precise accuracy.

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fake. Totally fake.

Cuphead on Switch will happen once hell freezes over.

Camp Camp: Campe Diem, come on. Rooster Teeth would probably have spoken or announced something if they were making a Camp Camp game

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Look, if that was the case, then it would be optimized just as well for fingers. A proper stylus can not be implemented on a capacitive toushscreen without a pen digitizer, as i've previously stated, the shitty styluses for phones and the like, are more of a tool for people with shaky hands and the like, and not precise accuracy.
Using your finger on a resistive touchscreen is outright abysmal. So, no, that doesn't work here. However, a capacitive touch screen works well enough with the various styli around. You don't need a specific stylus (like the Note) to be able to make Mario Maker work.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Using your finger on a resistive touchscreen is outright abysmal. So, no, that doesn't work here. However, a capacitive touch screen works well enough with the various styli around. You don't need a specific stylus (like the Note) to be able to make Mario Maker work.
As I said, would that be the case, there wouldn't be a focus on a stylus to begin with, because there's no difference. There is no stylus that can be more accurate than fingers on a capacitive screen without a digitizer. I'm not questioning whether or not the game would work for fucking out loud, there are endless ways to make the game work.

D

Deleted User

As I said, would that be the case, there wouldn't be a focus on a stylus to begin with, because there's no difference. There is no stylus that can be more accurate than fingers on a capacitive screen without a digitizer. I'm not questioning whether or not the game would work for fucking out loud, there are endless ways to make the game work.
Just because it wouldn't be more accurate doesn't mean they wouldn't include one. Some people like the thought of not getting their Switch screen dirty. They would probably just include one because that is what is commonly associate with that kind of game: a decent pointing device.

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Just because it wouldn't be more accurate doesn't mean they wouldn't include one. Some people like the thought of not getting their Switch screen dirty. They would probably just include one because that is what is commonly associate with that kind of game: a decent pointing device.
This. It doesn't have to be 110% accurate to be considered functional. It'll do its job and prevent your greasy fingers from mucking up the screen.

Reactions: Deleted User

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fuck are you talking about? Assuming you say that to imply that it will work; Multitouch has nothing to do with it. The thing is, without a specifically made screen / device you can't have a proper stylus. Why do you think the Galaxy Note, for example, is special and makes a huge deal about the pen? Because it's accurate as fuck. They implement graphic tablet functionality. If the Switch is capable of that, they would have made styluses a huge deal already.
was not making a big deal about it I was just saying its a multitouch screen unlike the wiiu tablet just being a simple touch screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1