i would really like one, because we can do a lot of things with it^^
Do we know anything about it?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably in the future but not anytime soon I guess, currently you have to run the exploit payload every time the PS4 reboot.

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Persistence is out there.

Just need higher kexploit to allow even more devs to develop for it.

Not saying current devs cant achieve it, just mean more people with access to kernel will mean more avenues for lateral thinking people to atleast have a go.
the hope for higher fw kxploits gets smaller and smaller...every day tbh

but it would be amazing ..
example:
i mean switch scene
So one guy makes a cfw... with opensource
and he is good dev and i guess he will create a good cfw ...i am in good hopes!
why is the ps scene so toxic anyway... i hate to say this but. . . yeah

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Look at PS3 scene, how many years later and now 3k/4k support? good things come to thise who wait. If you can wait.

Perhaps: The more updates come out, the more likely a higher kernel will be achieved as less devs have <5.x FW.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When 1.76 was a thing, I was on 3.5x, I stood still on 3.5. When 4.05 was a thing, some people stopped at 4.55, some unfortunately 4.7x.

Tldr: Point is 4.55 came out and people have stopped at 4.7x-5.0x. So 4.7x-5.0x is possibly where most devs without devkit might be waiting on.

Anyway:

We need transparency and willingness to share info for this scene to succeed.

I dont feel the inner circle like to share much, I'm sure the same thing happened in PS3 scene.

The reasons we have for why they wont release it yet are fair though: not to burn an exploit & wait for it to be patched out regardless of platform (ios/switch/ps4 etc).

Reactions: peteruk

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at PS3 scene, how many years later and now 3k/4k support? good things come to thise who wait. If you can wait.

Perhaps: The more updates come out, the more likely a higher kernel will be achieved as less devs have <5.x FW.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When 1.76 was a thing, I was on 3.5x, I stood still on 3.5. When 4.05 was a thing, some people stopped at 4.55, some unfortunately 4.7x.

Tldr: Point is 4.55 came out and people have stopped at 4.7x-5.0x. So 4.7x-5.0x is possibly where most devs without devkit might be waiting on.

Anyway:

We need transparency and willingness to share info for this scene to succeed.

I dont feel the inner circle like to share much, I'm sure the same thing happened in PS3 scene.

The reasons we have for why they wont release it yet are fair though: not to burn an exploit & wait for it to be patched out regardless of platform (ios/switch/ps4 etc).

I guess to add to this people are also afraid of lawsuit from Sony due to what happened to GeoHotz back in the ps3 days.

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Geohot trucked it up by posting keys.

You forgot that they sued Fail0verflow too at the same time, they dropped the case later and don't recall the details at the moment without looking up. I recall that Marcan, Bushing and company played by the rules, i.e. no distribution of Sony's copyrighted code, they somewhat were not attackable under that angle, but it was nonetheless a DRM circumvention, a capital sin if you go around and ask Media Creators.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh