jaxxster

The Heretic
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Anyone tried this yet? Just had a mess about on and ive gotta say i hope its far from the finished product, the gameplay sucked, too arcadey still, no fluid flow of the game or the players, everything seemed too clunky!

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Agreed, Far too clunky! I seriously doubt that Seabass could afford another f*ck up like last years shocking excuse!!!!

Going by the great reviews its been getting in the gaming press it would appear that the demo is from an early build, If it was a snapshot from the final game then im sure it would have been slated no end...
frown.gif

jaxxster

The Heretic
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
yeh i guess, but the football world is split. You got your pro fans and then ur fifa fans. I used to enjoy fifa then pro evo 6 was gold! This years fifa is amazing, really enjoying the mechanics of it.

Can you play last years pro evo online yet? I downloaded it and tried playing it online but it just lagged so i gave my disc to some guy at work.

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it has been finally fixed, The PS3 version has anyway.... If this years PES is shite then im gonna go back to fifa and never touch a pes game again.
Im also in complete agreement! This years fifa is great, It just feels right
biggrin.gif

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If fifa is like the ds version on the 360 I will love every min of it (gameplay wise) I have always found pro evolution medicore on current gen consoles.

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully they'll add functional online gameplay in the next iteration. I have yet to play a game of PES 2008 online.

rscarrab

Trophies
XP
Country
Just after getting Fifa 09 today... [face full of excited expression]

Played for ... hours, but took a lenghty break to have a look at the PES2009 demo and make a few observations;

First off.

Unless Konami change or savagely tweak the physics (which i personally think won't happen cause something so deeply intertwined into the game won't be changed at this stage), your going to, in essence, find yourself playing the same game you've been playing for the last 4 years.

I've owned Pro Ev; 3, 5 (PS2), 6 (Xbox) & 2008 (360).

I anxiously watched, expecting each new version of PES to be better than the next, i was already tired of the gameplay (definetely from PES 6 onwards), but it was solid enough so i figured a new lick of next-gen paint and online matchmaking, plus a first time debut on a 360 console would be a winning formula.

Just like yourselves, I couldn't have been more wrong and before Fifa 08 came out i was beginning to lose hope in football games altogether.
PES2008 was shite (fake next-gen title, fool me once...) & online was atrocious.

Fifa 08 wasn't without it's faults though;
There were certain elements in the fluidity of play in Fifa 08 that put me off but overall i was very impressed.
Not impressed enough to buy it but Fifa definetely got my attention again, and now the things that bothered me have been adressed in Fifa 09, so i'm humble.

Funnily enough, after playing Fifa 09 all the players in the PES demo look either emotionless or pissed off. Where-as they're all smiling in Fifa. Initially i thought, damn, i don't want all the players looking like they're off they're tits on some love drug, but my mate said it was because all the characters in PES are pissed off that they got roped into another shoddy title and all the Fifa player's are happy cause their game kicks ass.
I believed him.

Secondly.

"No matter what you do, no matter what you say, no matter how many football games you make, Pro Evo will always be better."

If this is you than you never need to buy another football game again, each title is future-proof!
"What?" You ask.
Well... In 10 years time Konami will be using the same physics engine so technically you'll still be up to date! Worried about all the fancy next-gen blending techniques and super high res textures that will be about in 10 years? Don't. They won't be used.

Im gonna go ahead and say it now before it's released, i don't think PES2009 is going shock and awe, at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent