Gaming pro evo 2008

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pro evolution soccer 2008 xbox 360 pal is on newsgroups at the moment (region locked) I'm not sure if its fake I'm downloading it just now.
smile.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
wowa awesome! Let us know if it's legit m8. What group is it from?

Checkout this for an interesting rumor from MaxC:

The PES 2008 IGN review conspiracy theory?

Before we begin, as you all probably know, we are huge fans of the PES 2008 series and we're sure it will deserve the high praise that it will get from the media but this article does raise an interesting talking point. Andy mailed us in a screen which shows how IGN's logo pops up after the game statistics in PES 2008 and he thinks this undoubtely influenced their 9.2 scoring for the game (despite finding a few flaws such as drop in frame rates, average presentation and poor sound. But Andy believes that when such partnerships form in this case between IGN and Konami, then the reviwer has to say lots of flattering things? Do you think it does or are IGN big enough and wise enough not to let it impact them? Although we can not confirm just yet whether the following image is indeed real...

nahkxx3.jpg

[-EDIT-]
21-10-2007 Nuked Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2008.PAL.XBOX360-RELiSH
Nuke Source (No reason given).

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
alt.binaries.games.xbox360.. the one im downloading is PES2008_xbox360_ PAL_Crespo .

I just got capped
hate2.gif
so its going to take about 5 hours to download
mad.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
hmn bad compression is a meh reason to nuke it will still work!!! The first Halo3 IND release by sniperkill had bad compression, but as he didn't pre it, it never got nuked. These relish guys should have just upped it to NGS as IND and everyone would still get it. The Halo 3 by CCCLX only had like a 1.5G difference from sniper's so I doubt a 'better compressed' release of PES08 will be much smaller!
I'm still gonna get the release as all that will happen is it will be repacked with better compression cutting of a G or 2.

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
alt.binaries.games.xbox360.. the one im downloading is PES2008_xbox360_ PAL_Crespo .

I just got cappedÂ
hate2.gif
so its going to take about 5 hours to downloadÂ
mad.gif

I can confirm this version works
grog.gif
Can a mod please move this into the correct section. Thanks

EDIT: There is ign logos at halftime when the scoreline is displayed just like the picture thug showed us.

Edit: oh my we now have myspace ads in masterleauge

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
also add play.com to the ads list.

Now lets talk about the game.

GAMEPLAY

The gameplay is quite good this year I noticed its a lot easier to take the ball by defenders (I play pro evolution soccer on the hardest level)

Shooting is the biggest improvement for me compared to last years xbox 360 version no more shots going flying over the bar guys!

Freekicks: freekicks are awesome yet they are quite easy to score.

Corner: they are kind of the same as the old games.

penalty kicks: Now I haven't took one yet however I did give away one and I must say the camera angle rocks and really gives the realistic feeling of being the goalkeeper.

Transfers

This is one thing I'm pissed off about. Some of you may know I'm a celtic fan so I went celtic and noticed that celtic still had people in their starting 11 who have been sold (kenny miller to derby) and also celtics number 1 goalkeeper is artur boruc yet mark brown is in the starting 11. I'm sure you English fans will be fine but it isn't as if celtic is a unknown team.

Overall

I haven't played much of it but I must say I'm impressed and I cant wait to invite a few m8s up to play a pro evolution soccer tourney
grog.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Nice write up thegame! Just a quick question, did you happen to notice if the forced (fake) dive was still in the game? Have you been able to perform one? Has the opposing team tried it on you? I remember there was a petition a few months ago to get it removed, has a few thousand sigs iirc.
I can't get the game for another 3 weeks or so as my mate is on holiday (he has my pc
frown.gif
).

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice write up thegame! Just a quick question, did you happen to notice if the forced (fake) dive was still in the game? Have you been able to perform one? Has the opposing team tried it on you?
I can't get the game for another 3 weeks or so as my mate is on holiday (he has my pc
frown.gif
).

Nope I never noticed that m8 and the computer hasn't tried it against me m8. I will write more about the game once I play the master league for awhile
smile.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Awesome man, thanks for the info.. now get to bed! LOL have you stayed up just to try PES? I only got another hour to go then I'm off home to play some Orange Box!

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice write up thegame! Just a quick question, did you happen to notice if the forced (fake) dive was still in the game? Have you been able to perform one? Has the opposing team tried it on you? I remember there was a petition a few months ago to get it removed, has a few thousand sigs iirc.
frown.gif
).

The fake dive is still in the game :'(

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have just aquired this for the 360, can someone else tell me if during replays and the start up screens where it shows the players coming out etc if they are getting a horrid framerate? At the start when the players walk out were talking maybe lower than 10FPS here, and during replays of shots on goals and stuff, its not much better, maybe reaching 15FPS at best? This is utter utter garbage if this is true and its not just a dodgy version i have. Can anyone confirm?

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have just aquired this for the 360, can someone else tell me if during replays and the start up screens where it shows the players coming out etc if they are getting a horrid framerate? At the start when the players walk out were talking maybe lower than 10FPS here, and during replays of shots on goals and stuff, its not much better, maybe reaching 15FPS at best? This is utter utter garbage if this is true and its not just a dodgy version i have. Can anyone confirm?

no I don't get that. Did you download the same one as me
unsure.gif

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
are you playing in HD? Does that make a difference? Im in 720P and its horrendous. During normal gameplay its fine. But replays it stutters really bad, and like i said when the players come out at the start the framerate is shocking. Annoys the hell out of me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: New Ninja in chat