jakeruston

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello,

I recently "acquired" Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 for the Wii. However, it is NTSC. When I used Regionfrii to get it into PAL for my Wii, the game shows on the starting screen, but when I try to load the game, I get a black screen and nothing happens. That must mean that Regionfrii doesn't work with it. How could I get the game to work on PAL?

Thanks,
Jake.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Might use the trucha signer to extract the main.dol, and then the video mode changer to brute force it to PAL.

It´s really easy if you know how, but the easiest thing to do is just use the cr@cked Datel Free Loader.

That´s what I´m using. Keeps the ISO clean, and works like a charm! (Wii set to 60HZ, but still displays at 50HZ for some reason!?!?)

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Or you can download Freeloader and use that (disk swap) or extract the apploader.bin and inject intp iso. Or you could using RegionFrii 1.21 to extract freeloader 1st partition and inject it into 1st partition of Pro Evo...Last option works a treat!

flats76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jpxdude said:
Or you can download Freeloader and use that (disk swap) or extract the apploader.bin and inject intp iso. Or you could using RegionFrii 1.21 to extract freeloader 1st partition and inject it into 1st partition of Pro Evo...Last option works a treat!

could you explain this bit a bit more to a noob please? thankyou for any help

Bergdoktor

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just went on and tried the method jpxdude mentions and it worked flawlessly.

0) to make things easier, I've uploaded the first partition from the wii-freeloader .iso here (unzip first). alternatively you can extract the first partition from the wii-freeloader .iso yourself, the procedure is similar to the one described below (open wii-freeloader .iso -> right-click partition #1 -> "Extract to file" -> "From Partition Start")

1) get RegionFrii 1.21
2) start it and open the target image (ntsc pes .iso in this case)
3) highlight partition #1 (the one on top) in the partition info box
4) right click on it and choose "inject from file" -> "To Partition Start.."

I don't have the actual game-image on my hdd anymore, so the screenshots supplied above shows the wii-freeloader .iso opened in step 2) instead

5) in the upcoming dialog choose the extracted first partition from the wii freeloader .iso
(you might want to do a backup of the original .iso before the last step, because the changes are written directly to the .iso selected in step 2) and could corrupt the .iso)
6) with "update iso" you can start writing the replaced 1st partition to the pes-image

7) burn and enjoy

hope this helps

warlord007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jakeruston said:
Hello,

I recently "acquired" Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 for the Wii. However, it is NTSC. When I used Regionfrii to get it into PAL for my Wii, the game shows on the starting screen, but when I try to load the game, I get a black screen and nothing happens. That must mean that Regionfrii doesn't work with it. How could I get the game to work on PAL?

Thanks,
Jake.

use wiifrii select pal auto english

it works a dream , and is very easy to use thanks to waninkoko for the app

warlord

jamesjones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does the game with you all show some black lines on the left and right side of the screen?

Isn't the game widescreen? Fifa08 does fill up the full screen.

I have a component cable installed. Wii at 3.2E

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.