Private Zen Pinball leader board idea

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Seaking, Jan 29, 2012.

Jan 29, 2012
  1. Seaking
    OP

Member Seaking GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    well, i have been thinking lately, would it be posible to set something up like a private leader board for you and your friends, using something like dropbox or any real time updating thing like that?

only reason i am asking, is this thread came up in the zen forums, and i wanted to know if this type of leader board could be made, and if it CAN be made could one person modify the board to add checks that the offical one does not have.

i know next to nothing relating to coding anything, this is just an idea i had so some of those guys could make there own leader board instead of wineing about the offical one.

2. elisherer

Member elisherer I ♥ 3DS

Israel
    Ofcourse it can be made. but I don't think it's worth the hard work.
    I saw the highscore cheating...and it seems that zen should collect only highscores and not cumulative scores..that just dumb.
    But the highscore setup they made is ok..It's the game that is flaud..it should send the highscore and a unique identifier (like the time the game started)
    (or some other unique id, so you can't cheat with time changing) and then your pro score wouldn't change even if you send twice the score of the same game..

So to be short, If the rare event of you and your friends have the same game and really active in that game you could just make an online php/jsp/asp/cgi leaderboard.
    It's really simple...

3. Seaking
    OP

Member Seaking GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i would have no clue where to start at :(... but knowing that its coming from you, i know its possible now. thank you :D.