Hacking Private Headers different manufacturer help

Tzheng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I am trying to play some games online on SKY3DS with my own private header from Bravely Default (U) but some games seem to not be working. According to the template from sky3ds website, bravely default is C2 Matronix manufacturer, but I believe mine is 45 sandisk? (NOT SURE). It is very confusing. I used my bravely default PH for all my games using no ban no sky, and so far i have been able to play mario kart 7 online with no problems. I havent tired other games, but I cannot access DLC/online on MH4U, which is supposedly C2. I don't know whats going on, but the thread here:http://gbatemp.net/threads/why-sky3ds-gets-002-0123-even-with-a-private-header.385672/ talks about changing the manufacturer in the templates to make games work for your own header? I didnt understand it. I tried changing the C2 for my MH4U to AE and 45, none of the three worked. Each time I changed it on my diskwriter the template, and i shuffled through the games every time. All 3 didn't work all error 002-0123. Any one have step by step help pls? I'm not sure which other games will work online. If theres a way to make all games work for online using my own header, please tell me. I don't know how to check which manufacturer is my game/header idk.

wezck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well in other post said that we need 3 private header as least One By each manufacture, i don't know if it is right because i have a C2 private header and it works on my games.

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use AE for Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus Uprising, and Monster Hunter 4U with private headers. The only 45 I have is Code of Princess. They all work 100% online.

I guess it depends on the ROMs too?

Tzheng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Um I'm really bad at understanding when theres all this technical stuff... can you just help me out pls >< I am using sky army knife now... idk how to do it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Um I'm really bad at understanding when theres all this technical stuff... can you just help me out pls >< I am using sky army knife now... idk how to do it
I have template from sky3ds website, my rom MH4U USA, my PH (unique ID right?) and the EEPROM ID and Cart ID from the base template i can get it, and unknown id just auto-detect right?.. which one do I change so my PH can works online? The only info I have is, my PH from bravery default (U) works to play mario kart 7 online :L idk the manufacturer

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You might as well just change the Cart manufacturer straight from the template. There's no point using SAK for anything other than getting your ROM CRC. Once you get the ROM CRC, find it in your template file and refer to this image: https://gbatemp.net/attachments/template-guide-png.16803/

The one highlighted in teal (Cart ID) and the one highlighted in dark green (Unique ID) are the only ones you need to look out for.

Open your template and do some changes. In the Cart ID part, only change the first byte (manufacturer), either use AE, 45, or C2. The Unique ID is your private header. Make sure you have your private header on there.

If you can't go online, just keep changing the cart manufacturer byte again. If you tried all 3 manufacturers, try a different private header. This is an extremely rare case for most ROMs, but it happened to me with Code of Princess and Monster Hunter 4U. It all depends on the dumps of the ROM I presume.

Tzheng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You might as well just change the Cart manufacturer straight from the template. There's no point using SAK for anything other than getting your ROM CRC. Once you get the ROM CRC, find it in your template file and refer to this image: https://gbatemp.net/attachments/template-guide-png.16803/

The one highlighted in teal (Cart ID) and the one highlighted in dark green (Unique ID) are the only ones you need to look out for.

Open your template and do some changes. In the Cart ID part, only change the first byte (manufacturer), either use AE, 45, or C2. The Unique ID is your private header. Make sure you have your private header on there.

If you can't go online, just keep changing the cart manufacturer byte again. If you tried all 3 manufacturers, try a different private header. This is an extremely rare case for most ROMs, but it happened to me with Code of Princess and Monster Hunter 4U. It all depends on the dumps of the ROM I presume.
I see..., so just chagne the card ID manufacturer bit thing right? Also, what is a ROM CRC? How do I get that

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
load the ROM and the template to SAK. see the first big box here: https://gbatemp.net/attachments/sky-army-knife-1-3-png.16799/

look where it says SHA1, find that in the template. don't use the game ID (labeled ctr-p-egdp in that image) as there are games that have the same game ID but different SHA1. a good example is mario kart with the v1.1 update and the initial v1.0 release. same game ID, different SHA1.

Tzheng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
load the ROM and the template to SAK. see the first big box here: https://gbatemp.net/attachments/sky-army-knife-1-3-png.16799/

look where it says SHA1, find that in the template. don't use the game ID (labeled ctr-p-egdp in that image) as there are games that have the same game ID but different SHA1. a good example is mario kart with the v1.1 update and the initial v1.0 release. same game ID, different SHA1.
Okay, I'll try. So I changed my Cart ID Manufacturer to 45. Now I load the template into diskwriter for my sd card, then cycle through games till MH4U and try DLC? And do I repeat for AE if it doesnt work?

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yup. if all 3 manufacturers don't work, try a different header. mine worked on AE, but tried 2 headers for it.

Tzheng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yup. if all 3 manufacturers don't work, try a different header. mine worked on AE, but tried 2 headers for it.
I only have one header, sadly ._. I guess thats it for me unless i get another one haha

OK, so my save data did not get reset? Does that mean I did something wrong?.. I just changed the template.txt thing for the MH4U game and then on diskwriter I changed template to that one. I then put the game back in my sky3ds, and on the menu I pressed blue button and cycled until it went back to MH4U in a circle... Is that right?

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i suggest initializing the Sky3DS again right after you change the manufacturer. hold the blue button while inserting, eject, hold the blue button while inserting again, eject, and then insert it without holding the blue button. this should give you some light flashes, wait for it to stop and eject the cart again. the next time you insert it, it'll show the game properly.

you can do that, or just have another ROM before MH4U. just make sure to change back to the other ROM before you replace MH4U. this is the easier way. for example you have cubic ninja as your first rom, and mh4u as the 2nd rom. when you tried mh4u and it doesn't work, change back to cubic ninja before you eject the cart and delete mh4u to edit the cart manufacturer. do make sure you change it first. also don't make any save files to the SD card when prompted upon booting mh4u. if you have files on the sd card, delete it and try again.

Tzheng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i suggest initializing the Sky3DS again right after you change the manufacturer. hold the blue button while inserting, eject, hold the blue button while inserting again, eject, and then insert it without holding the blue button. this should give you some light flashes, wait for it to stop and eject the cart again. the next time you insert it, it'll show the game properly.

you can do that, or just have another ROM before MH4U. just make sure to change back to the other ROM before you replace MH4U. this is the easier way. for example you have cubic ninja as your first rom, and mh4u as the 2nd rom. when you tried mh4u and it doesn't work, change back to cubic ninja before you eject the cart and delete mh4u to edit the cart manufacturer. do make sure you change it first. also don't make any save files to the SD card when prompted upon booting mh4u. if you have files on the sd card, delete it and try again.
Do I have to delete MH4U and write it to the card again every time I change the template manufacturer?

Do I have to delete MH4U and write it to the card again every time I change the template manufacturer?
I tried to reset the card, it seems to worked, but then my previous MH4U data is still there... I don't understand the other method u said about putting MH4U second, got confused

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes. you have to delete the rom from your SD card and readd it again using diskwriter. any changes to the template requires deletion of the rom on the card.

I tried to reset the card, it seems to worked, but then my previous MH4U data is still there... I don't understand the other method u said about putting MH4U second, got confused
delete the MH4U data from the 3ds. if you can't understand the 2nd one, might as well stick with the first one. but make sure you cycle all the time and delete the rom for every change in the template.

Tzheng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes. you have to delete the rom from your SD card and readd it again using diskwriter. any changes to the template requires deletion of the rom on the card.

delete the MH4U data from the 3ds. if you can't understand the 2nd one, might as well stick with the first one. but make sure you cycle all the time and delete the rom for every change in the template.
Yeah... I followed that instruction. None of the 3 works now. IDK if its from the template/game didnt update after i changed it, or because i need a new PH... Ill try again next time, thx for the advice

wezck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi @LameNobody if you check the forum there are a post where said it and I believe that it's true and I'll tell you why.

I have a Private Header from Pokemon Y and Super Mario 3D Land and both are C2 manufacture and I tried to play Super Smash Bros 3D and it didn't work with both check my post here, what I need to do for It is work?, easy, I need to found the Super Smash Bros 3D rev01 because this version is C2 manufacture and What do you think?... It works with my private header, What is the conclusion?, If you Private Header is C2 only works with C2 roms, if It is AE the same case and if It is 45 too, I think that It is necessary one Private Header for each manufacture or, Can you play online Super Smash Bros (AE Manufacture) with a Private Header from C2 or 45 or another game that It isn't the same manufacture that your private header?, I can't and You?

Sorry if I was wrong, I only tell you my case.

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i actually have the same question, since i extracted my headers via powersave. if C2 is like 90% of the chips out there, then i must be really lucky to get AEs and 45s. so far i never had a ROM work for a C2, so i'm also wondering if that's the case as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp