Hacking Private header and Game questions

Killaclown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey! Getting my gateway in a couple of days, and I am eager to play online. I understood that I have to Dump one of my games with gateway, rename the roms that I want to play from .3ds to .3dz and inject my private header into the games to play more safe. Question is, what software should I use to do this? Is there an easy way to copy my private header onto the games?

Also, I want to buy MH4U as I really enjoyed the previous games on the PSP and I want to support great devs. If the game arrives before my gateway, is it okay to play it regularly on my 9.0 N3DS, and then somehow import the save to the gateway version of the game? Can I use savedatafilter or whatever it's called for this purpose on the N3DS, or should I just wait until I get my gateway arrives to prevent losing my save?

Thanks for any answers :grog:

Tellmee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The save is in the cartridge so the save can be continued. I used to play my MH4U from my old 3ds xl and when I got my N3ds XL, I could continue without a problem since the save is stored in the cartridge. The problem is that I could never figure out a way to dump the save to play with my gateway rom so I am still using my retail cartridge to play it.

Reactions: Killaclown

Killaclown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The save is in the cartridge so the save can be continued. I used to play my MH4U from my old 3ds xl and when I got my N3ds XL, I could continue without a problem since the save is stored in the cartridge. The problem is that I could never figure out a way to dump the save to play with my gateway rom so I am still using my retail cartridge to play it.

Ah, I see, looks like I might wait for my gateway and dump it then to minimize the carts I have to carry around :) Thanks for clearing it up!

Also, do you know if the gateway ROM patcher is enough to move my private headers onto games? I tried looking into it, but when I tried it on some roms I get: Scanning ROM: nothing found in header. As I don't have a gateway get, I don't know if this changes if I dump my original games and have no idea what the process is and if I have to mess with templates or whatever to stay safe :wacko:

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Can I inject some other game's header to another game? For example I only own CN cartridge and I think that game doesn't have online properties. Correct me if I am wrong though. So my question is can I inject its header to my romz?

Killaclown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Can I inject some other game's header to another game? For example I only own CN cartridge and I think that game doesn't have online properties. Correct me if I am wrong though. So my question is can I inject its header to my romz?

As far as I know, people have been using offline games with success. We have no way of knowing if Nintendo can know which games have online capabilities and not, but the only ban reports I have seen has been when people used public headers. Of course, if you want to be completely sure, you should get a old 3ds game with online capabilities for cheap and dump that header. I am sure I read somewhere that it has to be a 3ds game though, not regular ds.

Question is, what software is best to use to get the most legit looking rom and to extract our private headers? And is using a header enough, or are there anything else used to identify games we have to change?

Reactions: kheldar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.