Private Division announces publishing deal with four studios, including Sonic Mania veteran dev

Untitled.png

Take-Two Interactive's publishing label Private Division has signed a contract to support four independent developer studios. They've partnered up with Die Gute Fabrik, Yellow Brick Games, Piccolo Studio, and Evening Star. The latter is most known for being founded by Christian Whitehead, who lead development on SEGA's Sonic Mania. Additionally, Yellow Brick Games has talent that has previously worked on major franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Dragon Age, and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, and is currently working on an action RPG. Die Gute Fabrik is making a story-based game, after having released Mutazione in 2019.

:arrow: Source

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Still can't believe Sega decided to just go "nah we don't need you anymore" after Mania became the most popular Sonic title in recent years. I guess Iizuka got super bitter that a project not helmed by him ended up being so much better than whatever the hell Forces was.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still can't believe Sega decided to just go "nah we don't need you anymore" after Mania became the most popular Sonic title in recent years. I guess Iizuka got super bitter that a project not helmed by him ended up being so much better than whatever the hell Forces was.
Sega wants us to think of sonic team when sonic games get released, not "Christian Whitehead" That's just the sega way I guess. :ninja:

Could least let them work on smaller projects. Like how they had all those gamegear games or you know spin off games. A sonic 8 bit mania or sonic advance mania would be nice... or just sonic mania 2. Is not like they take away from the 3D titles they make.

Reactions: orangy57 and JLO64

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, Sonic Mania was basically Sonic the Lost Levels.

I can't believe the game was that successful, as it was Sonic 2 2.

Of course, there's nothing inherently wrong with that, but for me the game wasn't that amazing.

And Sega is just a bunch of idiots dealing with their old properties. So much idiots that they have to delegate to others.

I can't believe they haven't bought DotEmu yet. It's basically the only dev that is able to resurrect Sega's dormant IP's.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to be frank i think it's for the best. if they wanted to stay working for sega they likely would have asked for it. plus idk about you but a career where i'm just forced to make 2d sonic games all the time just so sega's premier platformer franchise doesn't collapse upon itself sounds pretty fucking boring to me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans