• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,059
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi GBATemp,

I downloaded the Gateway 3DS Private Beta 4.0 to try and install a fast access to the GW3D menu via A9HL but I realised it says

"Bring up the OSD, select GATEWAY Time Machine
Launch GATEWAY Time Machine, select 2.x downgrade
Boot back into GATEWAY 3DS menu after rebooting"

After I've downgraded to 2.x, would I need to reinstall the exploit using OOTHAX? Or would the exploit still work as it is? I ask because I no longer have the OOT 3DS card.

Thanks.

D

Deleted-379826

OP
Hi GBATemp,

I downloaded the Gateway 3DS Private Beta 4.0 to try and install a fast access to the GW3D menu via A9HL but I realised it says

After I've downgraded to 2.x, would I need to reinstall the exploit using OOTHAX? Or would the exploit still work as it is? I ask because I no longer have the OOT 3DS card.

Thanks.
Not too sure if OOTHAX works on 2.x

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi GBATemp,

Thanks.
Don't use Gateway Time Machine to downgrade. It's not as safe as the homebrew method, and if you use Gateway's method you'll be locked out of running homebrew that requires kernel access, like Decrypt9, GodMode9, any CFW and so on. You might not need them right now but it would be a bad idea to lock yourself out of using them in case you need them in the future since they can be used to recover from bricks that Gateway alone can't handle. Gateway also doesn't work with GBA/DSiWare so using Gateway's own A9LH implementation will leave you unable to run those games at all since you cannot run other CFW.

Instead, follow this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
After you've finished the guide, you can use Gateway's own arm9loaderhax.bin to load Gateway Mode, loading it directly from A9LH or through a boot manager so that you can still use other arm9 payloads like the ones mentioned earlier. I would recommend a boot manager since you get the best of both worlds that way.

angelus kun

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you install A9LH with gw you can't use your system without your red card :( i really suggest plaillect guide for A9LH installation you can use the best of both worlds ;) flashcard+cfw

D

Deleted User

OP
Excellent; thank you guys for the responses!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Apologies for double posting, but another question - I'm following this guide and have successfully installed the Homebrew Launcher (wahey!) - I take it because I'm already on 9.2 I don't have to do Part 2? Or are there steps inside that guide that I should follow anyway?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent; thank you guys for the responses!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Apologies for double posting, but another question - I'm following this guide and have successfully installed the Homebrew Launcher (wahey!) - I take it because I'm already on 9.2 I don't have to do Part 2? Or are there steps inside that guide that I should follow anyway?
I'd use EmuNAND9 to make a backup of your sysNAND before continuing onto Part 3.

D

Deleted User

OP
I'd use EmuNAND9 to make a backup of your sysNAND before continuing onto Part 3.
Yeah, kinda failed to do that, oops...

On the plus side, it works!

Went through the whole process, I'm just finishing off Step 4, everything has worked so far perfectly. (Did a backup of SysNAND/EmuNAND/Formatted Emunand/etc)

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.