Oh My....
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do I do it? I have a high res image I made....when I go to print it says cropping may occur.....actually then I accidently made a smaller one and its too small. Can anyone help?

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Split the image so it's the front and the side as one image, and the back as a second image. Print both by themselves then cut them out and either A) insert both so they appear to be one, or B) tape them on the back and insert as one.

HugeCock

Oh My....
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow not as many replies as I'd hope to wake up to. I am using normal photopaper. It actually prints in Photoshop and fills the height but not the width, In Windows it does the opposite so there has to be a secret I am missing.

@Jumpnman I need to print about 1000 so cutting and splicing .....lol would take a long time

jumpman17

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is no way to print a full sized cover on an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper. You'd have to use 8.5 x 14 (legal) paper.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
You're welco... oh wait!
wink.gif

Let me know if you need a template or anything. I use the slim cases for all my reunion/wedding stuff now.
Also, you can get by with a lesser quality paper and save a little money (and print time), the plastic on the case gives a bit of a gloss on it's own. Just make sure it's coated & heavy enough that the saturated areas don't wrinkle up.

feriol

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Uh, wait... One -thousand- covers? What the hell do you need that many for?
Anyways, if they're all identical, maybe you'd be better off doing a professional small series print run. Most printing companies probably would also cut them down to size for you, I think.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Uh, wait... One -thousand- covers? What the hell do you need that many for?
Anyways, if they're all identical, maybe you'd be better off doing a professional small series print run. Most printing companies probably would also cut them down to size for you, I think.
Not a bad idea, it would cost you less in time, that's for sure. Only problem would be copyrighted images (if you have any on the cover) as most of the kinkos type places balk at that. If that's the case, bring an extra 20 bucks for the starving college student manning the print area.
wink.gif

jumpman17

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Prices for Staples:

6 cents per b/w copy (or 7 cents if you have us do it for you)

39 cents per color copy (not sure what the price for us to do it is)

2 dollars a cut (can cut about 200 sheets of paper at a time) so 2 times 4 = 8 dollars for 200 cutouts x 5 = 40 dollars for all 1000 covers to be cut out.

A) This is US price, not sure what it would be in Canada
B) We won't do copyrighted materials, you'd have to do them yourself on our self serve machines.
C) I don't work in the copy center so there may be some other fees, I'm not sure

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is no way to print a full sized cover on an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper. You'd have to use 8.5 x 14 (legal) paper.
objection!
actually, I do this all of the time with regular dvd case artwork and here's how.

ok, so you say you're using photopaper. so, what you need to do is tape another piece of regular paper to the backside of the photopaper with a small piece of scotch tape (which is adhered mostly to the regular paper), so that it's offset as shown in the crappy ascii art below:

CODEfrontside     backside
+-----+       +------+
|     |       |  pp  |
| pp  |       +--##--+
|     |       |      |
+-----+       |  rp  |
| rp  |       |      |
+-----+       +------+
pp = photopaper
rp = regular paper
## = small piece of tape

- ok, in photoshop, open the "print with preview..." window from the file menu and untick the "center image" checkbox.
- set the value in the [position] section for the "top" entry field to something like 0.15 inches (this will give you just a bit to have to cut off).
- click the "page setup..." button and change the paper size from "letter" to "legal" and close that dialog.

feed the taped together sheets of paper so that the photopaper's "good" side is correctly orientated (face down) with the regular paper sheet hanging off of the bottom end.

since you've set the paper size to legal, your printer shouldn't issue you with a warning dialog that [your image is too large and some cropping may occur] and you'll print everything on the photopaper portion. once it comes off your printer, carefully remove regular paper sheet and you're ready to cut away the excess.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn