Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time remake delayed into 2022, will not be shown at E3

pop.PNG

Revealed only just last fall, the remake of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time has already been delayed twice, and now is going on its third delay after Ubisoft posted an update from the game's developer team. Not only will Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time be skipping the Ubisoft Forward 2021 press conference, but it won't even be released in 2021 at all. For now, Ubisoft isn't willing to share any new information about the game with fans beyond confirming that it's been pushed back to sometime in 2022.

:arrow: Source

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Just as well I'd say, all the remakes that don't respect the source material are getting tiresome. There are only two good reasons to remake/remaster a game IMO: because it's hard to get working on modern hardware (Need for Speed Underground), or because performance was lackluster in the original release (Bloodborne).

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Draxikor

beermonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looked bloody awful in the reveal. One of my favourite games of all time. Looked like half remake. Hopefully the delay will make a difference.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I find it fascinating gamers cry and whine that games get released in an unfinished state...so devs and publishers started actually delaying games to get them out as complete as possible

...and gamers cry and whine it gets delayed

lmao

Can't win I guess.

D

Deleted User

To be honest, I am also getting tired of the Plot deviation from the original Prince of Persia.
Also not a fan of the Game Development cycle when it took just one Creative to make the Classic.

I actually wouldn't mind a new, 2D Pixel version with the original Premise but a revamped Environment.
No lazy Vectors, but actual 2D Pixels in a 3D World, if that helps the Development run faster.

Come on now, Aseprite isn't that hard; even I've created animated characters on it.
Also, I wouldn't mind seeing the same love for Karateka.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.