XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
My bad then, I can retest it when I get home (if there is still a need for it, just let me know). Sorry for the misleading info, it was late and I just wanted to test it quickly before going to bed to help you guys out, I really didn't have time to start playing... if I had known I had to go and open at least one chest then I would've

BOTCK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XFlak said:
My bad then, I can retest it when I get home (if there is still a need for it, just let me know). Sorry for the misleading info, it was late and I just wanted to test it quickly before going to bed to help you guys out, I really didn't have time to start playing... if I had known I had to go and open at least one chest then I would've

Pressing the "Home" button should do the trick too , i guess - if it crashs, it will crash in the game too.
If not, try to play until the frist chest and see what happens.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Not sure if it makes a difference but XFlak installed rev9 to slot 250 whereas for mine its the original install to 249. When it didn't work it simply failed after the Ubisoft splash message (stayed on a black screen and froze i.e. needed to disconnect power cable to restart) so never even got to game play. One the occasions it did install I had my son test the game through a few levels including opening chests and toggling the home button.
Has anyone actually tried a later cIOS rev e.g. 17 on these earlier loader versions?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
I tested patching the main.dol swapping the strings (so that sdhc becomes hcsd and so on)
Cios Rev19, Cfg V53... No problem at the starting intro, gameplay loading a save and home menu... all until opening a chest... Then it freezes...

ps: works fine through my d2c pro (d2ckey clone) chip & cios rev9 installed into 250 and using an old loader (such as wanin's 1.6 loader)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just released v57b3 of Cfg.

This version includes an experimental new option that I'm leaving unannounced from the main post. THe new option is:

disable_dvd_patch = [0], 1

and it disables the dol patch which seems to be causing the error with later versions of Cfg. Make sure you aren't using other patches when testing this, like the return_to_channel or video patches.

If it really is just that patch, then 57b3 should work with PoP and cIOS36 rev9 as long as you have "disable_dvd_patch=1" in config.txt.

I'm off to bed now, so I guess I'll find out if it works in the morning...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, anybody tired cIOSrev9 + NeoGamma + clean settings?

I haven't read anything about NeoGamma here, and i wonder why. Either it's working fine, or not working at all, and i would like to know which one it is.

brunchmiracle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Dr. Clipper
yaywii.gif

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Dr. Clipper said:
I've just released v57b3 of Cfg.

This version includes an experimental new option that I'm leaving unannounced from the main post. THe new option is:

disable_dvd_patch = [0], 1

and it disables the dol patch which seems to be causing the error with later versions of Cfg. Make sure you aren't using other patches when testing this, like the return_to_channel or video patches.

If it really is just that patch, then 57b3 should work with PoP and cIOS36 rev9 as long as you have "disable_dvd_patch=1" in config.txt.

I'm off to bed now, so I guess I'll find out if it works in the morning...
Would be worth testing on later cIOS revs too to see if the problem is twofold or just related to the dvd patch.

Posts merged

QUOTE(WiiPower @ May 19 2010, 11:36 PM) Ok, anybody tired cIOSrev9 + NeoGamma + clean settings?

I haven't read anything about NeoGamma here, and i wonder why. Either it's working fine, or not working at all, and i would like to know which one it is.
I could certainly try - what do you mean by clean settings however? Do any of your betas have the fix for de blob etc so that a disc is not required to load them.

StatikBlue

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Found this loader call Softchip v.1.02 homebrew app. Burnt iso to dvd, ran Softchip loader, changed loader ios to 60 or something, game has been running fine, no chest or Home button freeze, no glitch.

Seems to be agains 249 222 223, anything touched by Herm and Wanin.

No Darkcorp 1.0 needed.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ocdetective said:
WiiPower said:

I could certainly try - what do you mean by clean settings however?

Language default, no patches, no Ocarina, no hook, no debugger etc. I'm still not convinced that the game doesn't check if the .dol was modified, so you need to test 1st without any patches to the main.dol.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
WiiPower said:
ocdetective said:
WiiPower said:

I could certainly try - what do you mean by clean settings however?

Language default, no patches, no Ocarina, no hook, no debugger etc. I'm still not convinced that the game doesn't check if the .dol was modified, so you need to test 1st without any patches to the main.dol.
OK rev8 of NeoGamma through HBC with clean settings resulted in no loading of game at all (not even to the Ubisoft screen). Got the error message about an error has occurred, remove the disc etc. I am off to bed now - will see what updates have happened in morning.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I downloaded cfg v57b3 and I can't find where the 'disable dvd patch' option is located.I searched all the game and global options but I can't find it anywhere.
Can anybody help me?

Second thought:Does this option exists in the Configurator editor?But I searched there too with no results...

brunchmiracle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(panmusic Posted Today @ 12:30 PM) said:
I downloaded cfg v57b3 and I can't find where the 'disable dvd patch' option is located.I searched all the game and global options but I can't find it anywhere.
Can anybody help me?

Second thought:Does this option exists in the Configurator editor?But I searched there too with no results...

I think Dr. Clipper meant that you need to modify the config.txt file associated with Cfg. Change the term disable_dvd_patch to equal 1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.