Hacking Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thanks guys for your help, gotta try this out!
smile.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
it should be able to overwrite newer revs just fine as long as u use an existing cIOS249 or cIOS250 to install it, or if u use a version patched IOS36 made by TBR v1.12 or MMM v13.2
Did the rev 9 installer let you choose which IOS to use during the install, though? I have a feeling that may have been back when IOS36 was just used for everything.

Edit: Yeah, I just checked an ancient YouTube tutorial and there is no choice. Thus you will need a patched or old IOS36 to avoid it black screening on you (I'm pretty sure that's what it loads by default).

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't want to downgrade because I will probably brick my Wii as I don't have enough experience with these things.I decided to wait for the patch but I wonder what will be the most realistic (and even faster) scenario.
A newer cIOS upgrade or a Loader update in order to run the game?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
panmusic said:
I don't want to downgrade because I will probably brick my Wii as I don't have enough experience with these things.I decided to wait for the patch but I wonder what will be the most realistic (and even faster) scenario.
A release of a .wip file that you add to Cfg's base directory. They're already supported (have been since December) and there won't be a new release. I don't know if GX ever added support for them, though (probably not as they only surfaced as an alternative for the NSMB patch) so you will probably have to wait for an update if you are a GX user.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Dr. Clipper said:
panmusic said:
A release of a .wip file that you add to Cfg's base directory. They're already supported (have been since December) and there won't be a new release. I don't know if GX ever added support for them, though (probably not as they only surfaced as an alternative for the NSMB patch) so you will probably have to wait for an update if you are a GX user.
Thanks for your reply!Thankfully enough, I am a Cfg user so,I guess the wait will be over soon.
rolleyes.gif

Do you have an estimation(or information) about when is going to be released?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to make a correction to my earlier statement. You do not need a patched IOS36 in order to install IOS249 rev 9. Looks like it prefers to use IOS249 for the install.

panmusic said:
Thanks for your reply!Thankfully enough, I am a Cfg user so,I guess the wait will be over soon.
rolleyes.gif

Do you have an estimation(or information) about when is going to be released?
No, I don't know when they will be released.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whomever said that PoP doesn't work with cIOS36 rev9 in slot 223 is mistaken. It works perfectly, at least with GX r782.
Also, the reason I installed it to slot 223 is because GX r782 doesn't have an option to load games with 250. Easy as that.
tongue.gif

Also removed the bad link from my first post and added new ones.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated first post with better instructions and links.

tHciNc said:
Will it work installed to 224 or 250 ?

Depends on which loader you are using. I can only speak for GX, and that answer would be no because the older versions of GX only support 222, 223 and 249.
Someone else will have to speak for the other loaders 'cuz I personally don't use them.
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You guys know that cIOS36rev9 will not work on half of all Wiis? "LU64+ Wiis"/"Boot2v4 Wiis" won't be able to use that cIOS.

So did anybody know check if the game has a check if the .dol was modified?

Could somebody who has the game working without issues(no random crashes, no crash on opening chests) please test the following:
- Set the language to any language that's on the disc(english)
- Enable full video mode patching
- Enable Ocarina/wiird and select OSSleepThread hook

There was the theory that the game checks if the .dol is modified, but i haven't read if somebody tested for it.

PS: This is one of the rare situations where you need anti 002 fix. cIOSrev9 patches 002 error in the main.dol, and the anti 002 fix reverses that. I guess without anti 002 fix, you get a green screen freeze. When using cIOSrev13a or 14+, anti 002 fix MUST NOT be activated

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
You guys know that cIOS36rev9 will not work on half of all Wiis? "LU64+ Wiis"/"Boot2v4 Wiis" won't be able to use that cIOS.

Sheesh, didn't even think of that! Thanks for the tip and I will add it to the first post (minus the Boot2v4 part because mine is pre-LU64 with Boot2v4 and it works fine).

tuzruhu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry my mistake,

I'dont have Chip.

I'm only worked it USB loader, CIOS 38 Rev9 (Configurable USB Loader says to be R14, but I'm not sure), just softmod. HERMES IOS not installer, only IOS 249 installed.

Anyway, the USB Loader Wiiflow 1.1, IOS has worked in the standard setting. If you got a problem by using the settings try running IOS 249.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
OK on my 3.2U with rev9 on original rev9 (IOS249) which has never been updated - in both Cfg and GX, PoP simply black screens after the Ubisoft text message. That would indicate to me some kind of checking for pre-existing known cIOSes such as 249, 222 and 223 rather than rev9 having some compatibility that later versions dont have. Oh I should add I tried Anti, On and Off for GX. About to try Anti On and Off for Cfg. These are new versions - 874 for GX and 57a for Cfg (which should work)
Edit Cfg Anti on and off no difference - same black screen after Ubisoft message. Will try rev782 of GX now
Edit Edit - Hmmm rev782 does indeed work (at least past where it black screened before). Strange that newer Cfg doesnt work - time to try earlier version. This was with 002 fix set to On (there was a brief green flash on the screen but then the credits loaded)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
luka said:
sorry to ask but can somebody do a quick tutorial to let this work with cios 9 without make wii incompatible with all the latest games?
Installing rev9 will not overwrite 250, so make sure you choose it as the default for your other games.

Note that this only works for pre-LU64 Wiis (which means you need to have bought before mid-2008 or so).

QUOTE(luka @ May 19 2010, 08:48 PM) so will not work with fat32 format?
No it won't. Wait for the patches.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Dr. Clipper said:
luka said:
sorry to ask but can somebody do a quick tutorial to let this work with cios 9 without make wii incompatible with all the latest games?
Installing rev9 will not overwrite 250, so make sure you choose it as the default for your other games.

Note that this only works for pre-LU64 Wiis (which means you need to have bought before mid-2008 or so).

QUOTE(luka @ May 19 2010, 08:48 PM) so will not work with fat32 format?
No it won't. Wait for the patches.
Are the patches going to function with fat32 only?I am using WBFS and I am currently waiting for the patches refreshing this page every 2-3 minutes!
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet