Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
from gonintendo.com:

QUOTE said:
SAN FRANCISCO – June 26, 2008 – Today Ubisoft announced Prince of Persia: The Fallen King, exclusively for the Nintendo DS? system. Developed by Ubisoft’s Casablanca studio, Prince of Persia: The Fallen King complements the highly anticipated version of Prince of Persia coming out this holiday on consoles and PC. Expanding the saga with an independent storyline, Prince of Persia: the Fallen King utilizes the unique stylus controls of the Nintendo DS system to deliver the extraordinary acrobatic and combat action that fans have come to expect from the Prince of Persia franchise. Prince of Persia: The Fallen King will be available at retailers nationwide for the 2008 holiday season.

About Prince of Persia: The Fallen King
Facing imminent danger, the Prince flees to a deserted kingdom that seemingly offers sanctuary. Already touched by the evil Corruption, a dark substance that physically contaminates the land and the skies, the kingdom is filled with adventure, challenge and intrigue. As the Prince seeks a way to fight the spreading Corruption destroying the land, he encounters a partially infected creature that promises salvation. But is the creature truly an ally or merely an enemy in disguise? It seems this perilous alliance may be the only way for the Prince to face the forces of darkness and save the Persian kingdom from the Corruption once and for all.

Game features include:

• The award-winning Prince of Persia franchise, built exclusively for Nintendo DS: Use the DS stylus to master the acrobatics, strategy and fighting tactics of the most agile warrior of all time.
• The epic journey continues in an all-new adventure: Immerse yourself in the captivating Prince of Persia universe with an original and independent story that closely coincides with the action of the console & PC editions of the game.
• Unique visual style: Brand-new art design delivers incredible environments in over 50+ maps. Explore deserted cities, dark labyrinths and forbidding jungles to battle the evil Corruption.
• Play as the all-new character: the Magus: Switch between the Prince and this mysterious new ally to fight, solve puzzles and utilize his magical powers to make your way through the corrupted land.

68600_prince-of-persia--the-fallen-king.jpg

Hope it's decent
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More art:
68601_prince-of-persia--the-fallen-king.jpg

68599_prince-of-persia--the-fallen-king.jpg

So they are going for a kiddy prince?

I'd love this to be a 2D platformer like the old games.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hmmmm... i don't know what i should think about this.. at least it's 2D. but that screenshot doesn't look very promising to be honest.. but they still have lots of time until end of the year, so lets just hope for the best.

.....on a side note: why oh why do they have to make everything so kiddie?! i bet it would appeal to just as many kids if it would star an adult prince instead of a kid. (if that was their concern?)

and another thing that annoys me:
"award-winning franchise" is the first thing mentioned under features..!?

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I honestly thought Hadrian had posted that first picture of the prince as a joke... I'll reserve judgement on the game until it's out though.

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cosmiccow said:
.....on a side note: why oh why do they have to make everything so kiddie?! i bet it would appeal to just as many kids if it would star an adult prince instead of a kid. (if that was their concern?)
I think he is an adult actually, just in kiddie proportions, kinda like a mii-ified PoP
biggrin.gif
, anyway a little snippet from an article found on IGN: "The game, a stylus driven action title, is in development at the publisher's Casablanca studio." Stylus driven... I bet it's gonna be nothing like the first PoPs at all even though I'd say that would be quite the proper way to approach a 2D prince, even the Java PoPs were something like that, of course we're dealing with a touch-screen here but let's not force it, right? Something tells me it might be similar to Kung Fu Panda...

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm stoked for this game. I'm also very glad they're focusing on stylus control. It's my hope that Dragon Sword has paved the way for other developers to now do more with action-adventure games in terms of how they were intended to play on the DS. I'm also glad Gameloft is not developing this for Ubisoft. Not that they aren't talented developers, but they're likely only able to bid low on developing for Ubi by cutting corners and rushing things to completion, which seems evident from many of their DS titles. Don't know squat about Ubisoft Casablanca, but in-house is a bit more promising to me. Looking forward to the game, big time!

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oooh nice.
but...they drew all these gorgeous backgrounds and then replace them with pixelated 3d?

i mean..just look at the detail! it's beautiful
popfallenking2sm1.jpg

i'm worried about the touch screen controls as well... though it wasn't bad in ninja gaiden..
..well..it might still turn out alright. lets just hope. *sigh*

edit: i resized a screenshot so that its 1:1 ds size (on 1280x1024, 19"). it doesn't look too bad actually. i still prefer the painted look
wink.gif

i now expect something good. not groundbreaking tho.
smile.gif
if it's like kung fu panda then it's ok but not great..
popfallenking2lb9.jpg

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know I like the way this looks in the screens, I hope it'll be a good action platform game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol