Prince of Persia: Rival Swords PAL vs NTSC?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by bouvrie, Sep 10, 2007.

Sep 10, 2007
  1. bouvrie
    OP

Newcomer bouvrie Newbie

Qatar
    I played the PAL release of Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones on my PC. Through scene-news, I discovered that there are a differences between the CD edition and the DVD edition: The CD version would have gore and decapitations, where the DVD version does not. [​IMG]

After playing Prince of Persia: Rival Swords on my PAL Wii, I couldn't help notice that there's NO such gore in this rendition. This review mentions "(...) there is alot blood and gore (...)", which got me thinking: does the NTSC release feature gore, as oppose to the PAL release? If so, would there be a way of introducing the gore in the PAL release? [​IMG]

Call me old-fashioned, but I like my enemies sliced and diced with some proper gore anytime. [​IMG]

2. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    nah, if you want real gore and slicing and dicing, play ninja gaiden sigma on the PS3 usa version, now that's gore! or god of war if you have a ps2.

3. bouvrie
    OP

Newcomer bouvrie Newbie

Qatar
    So, my question remains: does the NTSC edition of Prince of Persia have gore, as oppose to the PAL edition?

4. mooyah

Member mooyah GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I'm quite sure the NTSC version doesn't have it either. All the US reviews complain about the gore cutting too. Ubisoft wanted the game to get a lower age rating on the Wii for some reason.