Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell HD collections incoming?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Guild McCommunist, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    [​IMG]

From the God of War Collection to the recently-confirmed Shadow of the Colossus/Ico bundle, all sorts of high-definition remakes have been hitting the PlayStation 3 as of late. That's fine and dandy if you're only interested in revisiting Sony-developed games, but what about all those last-gen classics from third parties? Here's a start: U.K. retailer Zavvi seems to have inadvertently announced a pair of HD compilations from Ubisoft.

PlayStation 3 listings for a Splinter Cell Trilogy and Prince of Persia Trilogy turned up on Zavvi's website, Eurogamer reports. According to the retailer, the Splinter Cell remakes are slated for November 26 of this year, while the Prince of Persia pack is planned for a March 11, 2011 release. Both games carry a £29.99 price tag (roughly $47).

Eurogamer notes that these leaks mirror an earlier slip by Amazon's French site just last month, so it's beginning to look more and more likely that these remakes are legit. Nothing's official until Ubisoft says so, obviously, but we'll let you know as soon as we hear the word.[/p]

[​IMG] Source

Sign me up for that PoP collection... If I had a PS3. I guess these collections may seem like cheap ways to recash in on some old talent but hey, they're great games and for a good price, they're hard to beat.

2. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    Leftover crap... NOW IN HD

This is just another way to rip off people who didn't get a BC PS3.

edit: After seeing Shadow and ICO in HD I can say that PS2 games don't fare well with an HD upgrade. Its just last gen graphics, now in HD.

3. Kwartel

Member Kwartel The fairest in all the land

Netherlands
    +1 it's just for the frickin' money

4. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    I don't know about Shadow or ICO, but the GoW Collection looks great!

5. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Ico at the time was good, but looking at now its really crap (just bothered booting it up right now to compare myself to the trailer)

and damn there is a great god damn difference, i dunno what the he'll your on about xD

it is in some sense a rip off ... but 2-3 games for that price ... yeah i'd buy these for sure