Priiloader won't open and wiimotes won't sync after NAND backup

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Zivhayr, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Zivhayr
    OP

Zivhayr Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2012
    I system transferred my Wii to my Wii U a while back, and haven't used it since. Recently I felt like playing some brawl with a gamecube controller, and being the genius I am instead of just opting to do a save dump to get my data back, I thought I'd restore the NAND backup I made before transferring. I did make a new NAND backup just before restoring the old one, in case something went wrong.

Well, lo and behold, something went wrong. My Wii turns on, and makes it to the system menu, however my Wiimotes will not connect. They do not turn the console on either. To put the nail in the coffin, Priiloader isn't showing up when I hold reset on power on. Essentially, my Wii isn't completely dead, but it refuses to let me interact with it. What can I do?

Edit: Of course as soon as you plead for help on a forum the problem fixes itself. Wiimote suddenly decides it wants to connect. However Priiloader is still gone, although that's not too much of an issue since I can actually use my Wii to get things back. Strange that a NAND restore would remove Priiloader though, I did have Priiloader installed at the time.