Hacking Priiloader vs StartPatch??

OhYa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So ya, like whats the Differnce between StartPatch and Priiloader?
I am using Priiloader and just wondered what the dif was, and so I searched around and cant really find anything that says use one vs the other or why...

Thanks

-----------------------------------
Side Question;
A friend was telling me that there is a way to launch backups with the normal game chanel instead of having to use a launcher such as NeoGamma...
is this true?
Dont wana get into a big discussion about it, if there is just a link would be cool or even a name of what to search for...

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) StartPatch is basically the hacks.ini feature of Priiloader as a standalone app. In other words, it doesn't preload anything, it just applies patches to the system menu.

I use it since I already have BootMii as boot2 and don't really need Priiloader's functionality aside from some handy system menu patches like turning off the annoying background music.

2) It's called cIOScorp. Search around and you'll find it real quick.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If you can't get BootMii as boot2, Priiloader can interrupt the boot process (albeit at a later point), and autoboot into homebrew. In addition, Priiloader lets you use System Menu hacks, which can be useful to play real Wii games without updating.

StartPatch can apply a similar set of hacks, like Starfall from the good old days. As mentioned above, StartPatch is useful if you have BootMii as boot2 and don't need Priiloader. Note that you can have BootMii as boot2 and Priiloader installed.

To load burned discs from the Disc Channel, you need a modchip or cIOSCORP (for cIOSCORP, just send anything to that email address, it'll reply with the download link).

ClaKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OhYa said:
Side Question;
A friend was telling me that there is a way to launch backups with the normal game chanel instead of having to use a launcher such as NeoGamma...
is this true?
Dont wana get into a big discussion about it, if there is just a link would be cool or even a name of what to search for...

To launch backup games from the Disc Channel, you don't need to carpet bomb your IOSes with cIOSCORP.

Just set the option in Priiloader to load the system menu from IOS 249 (or wherever you've installed the latest cIOS) and it's done!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Also suspicion of packing a lot of hot fudge