Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a Wii 4.1E Pal
Priiloader 0.5 installed.
enabled hack "Region Free Everything"
Test import game like naruto shippuuden EX3 and Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 4.
EX3 gives blackscreen, and when i load NGNT 4 its give me a error code.

Both game load in disc channel.

bakayaroo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
those game works fine in Neogamma, but not in disc channel :S
Naruto shippuuden EX3 is a Wii game
Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 4 is a gamecube game

what ios does those need if its a ios problem :S?

i used modmii 4.2.3 to downgrade from 4.3 to 4.1

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bakayaroo said:
those game works fine in Neogamma :S
naruto shippuuden EX3 is a Wii game
Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 4 is a gamecube game

what ios does those need if its a ios problem :S?
NeoGamma use IOS249 to start games, but the disc channel is using the real IOS, you must update the IOS for naruto, but I don't know which IOS it's using. You could force games to use IOS249 with the priiloader hack.

bakayaroo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
aha, now the problem is how to find out what ios i need for those games :/

i read that ex 3 dont support 480p, maybe thats the problem. because its worked once, before i changed to 480p

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It appears to be a video mode/language conflict...

The "Region Free EVERYTHING" hack just kills the sysmenu's region lock, but it does not force the games to the settings they want. The sysmenu instead tries to load games under the Wii's "global" video mode and langauge settings.

Load them up in Gecko 1.9.3.1 or NeoGamma, and force Language to Japanese and video mode to NTSC.

...alternatively, you COULD change your Wii's global video mode and language settings to Japanese and NTSC if you REALLY wanted to...

azakhan

Trophies
XP
Country
I read that the priiloader region free hacks can cause system instability. I have soft-modded my wii, can I play Iso's from different regions through usb loaders or do I have to actually install this hack? (I'm wondering if it only applies to discs or iso backups aswell?)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I read that the priiloader region free hacks can cause system instability. I have soft-modded my wii, can I play Iso's from different regions through usb loaders or do I have to actually install this hack? (I'm wondering if it only applies to discs or iso backups aswell?)
It only applies to things from the System Menu.

azakhan

Trophies
XP
Country
So is it true that it causes system instability? (I ask since it is recommended in one of the tutorials on here)

And I'm still unclear: can I play any region iso's on my hacked PAL wii without this priiloader hack? Thanks

azakhan

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh cool! I don't need to install it then. But how do I play other region ISO's? Will my wii play them automatically or do I have to change the settings to force NTSC (in usb loader Gx settings or something?) would be useful if you could give me instructions, thanks!

Leo Alves

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Most games will work fine with video mode set to System default or Game default, just start it from the usb loader and will work, if not, try to force ntsc or other video settings until the game starts

Here the games i have played, in PAL version on my NTSC Wii:

Pandora's Tower = Have to set video mode to ''Force NTSC''. Works fine
Project Zero 2 Wii Edition = Video mode: System default. Works fine (If you set Game default the game will not start)
Calling = Have to set video mode to ''Force NTSC''. Works fine
WarioWare: Smooth Mooves = Have to set to ''Game Default'', works, but on my TV it looks stretched
Tomb Raider Anniversary = Video Mode: System Default. Works fine
Tomb Raider Underworld = Video mode: System default. Works fine
Wheel of Fortune = Video mode: System default. Works fine
Metal Slug Anthology = Video mode: System default. Works fine
King of Fighters Orochi Saga = Video mode: System default. Works fine
Mario & Sonic At Olympics 2012 = Video mode: System default. Works fine
Deadly Creatures = Video mode: System default. Works fine

As you see, the games i have tested, only calling, pandora's tower and warioware i have to change the settings, only warioware give me issues.

If the game don't start from the Usb Loader, you can use an homebrew like Riivolution or Gecko OS to avoid region lock with your retail disk.
Fatal Frame 4 (Project Zero 4) for example works fine on Riivolution with the English Patch

Reactions: azakhan

azakhan

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, useful to know. (BTW I'm talking about loading backups from usb not retail discs). When you say video settings, do you mean the wii system menu settings or usb loader gx? thanks

Leo Alves

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know, i'm talking about backups too

I just mentioned Riivolution and Gecko OS for retail disc as an alternative if your backups don't work, but forget about this for now, the usb loader which backups should work fine.

The video settings i'm talking about are on USB Loader GX
You will find these options: ForcePAL60, ForcePAL50, Force NTSC, Force480p, System default, Disc default or Game default, and others

You can set this option on global settings. Open Usb Loader GX, go to Global Settings, then Loader Settings choose ''video mode'' and set to what you want, i recommend you set the option to: ''System default''

Or you can set this option individually per game, just choose a game, go to settings, then game load, and set video mode to ''Use Global'' or other option. This is useful if a game don't work with the global setting, so you don't have to keep changing the global settings everytime to load a game.

Reactions: azakhan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👈 Always touching 🍆