Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have used the modify 4.2 topic to softmod my wii
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

It was all good until I installed Priiloader. It seemed to have removed my system menu and replaced it with its white menu. It's set to boot as system menu but priiloader opens up everytime. If I click on System Menu it brings me back to priiloader again.

I cannot uninstall priiloader as it gives me the message "unable to restore system menu." I can play games using homebrewer but I want the nice old system menu back.
hate2.gif

Thankx ~

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
textads said:
Hello,

It was all good until I installed Priiloader. It seemed to have removed my system menu and replaced it with its white menu. It's set to boot as system menu but priiloader opens up everytime. If I click on System Menu it brings me back to priiloader again.

I cannot uninstall priiloader as it gives me the message "unable to restore system menu." I can play games using homebrewer but I want the nice old system menu back.
hate2.gif

Thankx ~

Priiloader 0.2 by any chance? Its a bug that a few people have suffered with apparently.

John_Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
textads said:
Hello,

hate2.gif

Thankx ~

Priiloader 0.2 by any chance? Its a bug that a few people have suffered with apparently.

Reinstall your menu from wad Manager, this will erase Priloader, check the thread about Priloader for all the info...

Good luck... It's not difficult... It's easy, don't be scare about this...

John

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Cant you try to NUS your System Menu WAD and install it via WAD Manager?

I assume, no Bootmii backup...right?

ps: lol
biggrin.gif

textads

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Reinstall your menu from wad Manager, this will erase Priloader, check the thread about Priloader for all the info...

Good luck... It's not difficult... It's easy, don't be scare about this...

John

Sorry, I am extremely new to this. Is there any instruction on how to do this. I don't want to screw this up more and brick my wii permanently.

"I assume, no Bootmii backup...right?"

I do have the backup but when I try to restore it gives me error saying "bootmii" not found even though it's in the SD card. It tells me something like it's very dangerous to perform this and proceed with caution. I don't know if it's an unrelated problem with my SD card or this is connected.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Sounds like you have bootmii installed as an IOS rather than boot2.

To re-install your system menu WAD, use NUSD (google for it) and download the system menu wad for your firmware & region. Place this wad in SD:/wad

Download WAD Manager 1.4 or 1.5 and place this in SD:/apps/wad manager. Make sure the .dol file is named boot.dol, if its not then rename it.

Load up your Wii and select homebrew channel from the main menu, then run WAD Manager and install the system menu WAD.

This should overwrite Priiloader and restore your Wii

@everybody else - I know that it can be done by installing a .dol in Priiloader, but thought this was simpler

Ultralex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I had the same problem,so I'll give you instructions how to get the sysmenu back:
1.Download NUSDownloader and start it
2.Click database->System->System Menu and then select your Menu version (U for USA,E for Europe,J for Japan and K for Korea)
3.Tick "Pack->WAD" and then click "Start NUS download".
4.Put the WAD into the WAD folder in the Root of your SD.
5.Download WAD Manager and put it on the SD.
6.Then on the Wii start WAD Manager choose the Sysmenu wad and install it.

Oh I forgot,you need the Common-Key.bin for NUSDownloader.

textads

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ultralex said:
I had the same problem,so I'll give you instructions how to get the sysmenu back:
1.Download NUSDownloader and start it
2.Click database->System->System Menu and then select your Menu version (U for USA,E for Europe,J for Japan and K for Korea)
3.Tick "Pack->WAD" and then click "Start NUS download".
4.Put the WAD into the WAD folder in the Root of your SD.
5.Download WAD Manager and put it on the SD.
6.Then on the Wii start WAD Manager choose the Sysmenu wad and install it.

Oh I forgot,you need the Common-Key.bin for NUSDownloader.

Thanks a lot for this. So, I downloaded 4.2U system menu from NUSDownloader. It created a folder with bunch of files and RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v481.wad. Do I copy over only "RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v481.wad" or also the other files to the WAD folder of my SD?

Also, what's Common-Key.bin.

Ultralex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know that customizeMii creates one if you start it at the first time.
rename it to common-key.bin and put it in the folder where the NUSDownloader.exe is.
edit:The Key.bin generator on the site Bazamuffin linked to works too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it