OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
Successfully installed Bootmii (as an IOS) and HBC on my 4.2K Wii thanks to the CompleteSoftmodGuide.

wacko.gif
I think the next step is to further brick proof by installing Priiloader. Although this seems to be generally advised I don't understand how this helps other than prevents disk or auto-updates? I also haven't seen any reference to this being installed on a Korean Wii.

Can anyone confirm that Priiloader can be safely installed on a Korean 4.2K Wii?
Would Startpatch be a safer option as I understand that this does similar without moving the system menu?

Ta.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Priiloader allows the Wii to boot even if the Sys Menu is farked. The Hacks are just a 'bonus'.

And you should install it, once someone confirms (and thats NOT me) that its OK for a Korean Wii.

Franki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
C.S.I. said:
Priiloader allows the Wii to boot even if the Sys Menu is farked. The Hacks are just a 'bonus'.

And you should install it, once someone confirms (and thats NOT me) that its OK for a Korean Wii.

Thanks C.S.I.

Can anyone confirm that Priiloader can be safely installed on a Korean 4.2K Wii?
If not, are there any alternatives?

Ta

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
C.S.I. said:

Just note that it won't unbrick a wii if the SM was uninstalled, or if the IOS used by the SM is corrupt/stubbed/uninstalled.

I can't say if priiloader will work on 4.2K, (USA doesn't see K wiis on a regular basis) but I don't see why not.

There are other things you can do for brick protection if priiloader is not compatible.

Franki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
techboy said:
I can't say if priiloader will work on 4.2K, (USA doesn't see K wiis on a regular basis) but I don't see why not.

There are other things you can do for brick protection if priiloader is not compatible.

As far as I am aware I haven't messed with the SM, just followed the completesoftmodguide.
What are the other things I can do for brick protection?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Priiloader works on 4.2K, totally safe (make sure u get the right hacks.ini for your region, or just get the one from HERE).

listen to what techboy said
QUOTE said:
Just note that it won't unbrick a wii if the SM was uninstalled, or if the IOS used by the SM is corrupt/stubbed/uninstalled.
Note, that if u do any of the above, your wii will brick if you don't have bootmii as boot2

also note, that if u ever reinstall the system menu itself, it will uninstall priiloader, u should reinstall it again to take advantage of its brick protection (so installing system menus is safe, but often people forget to reinstall priiloader after installing a system menu, then they dangerously try something else without realizing they have lost priiloader's brick protection)

Franki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
XFlak said:
Priiloader works on 4.2K, totally safe (make sure u get the right hacks.ini for your region, or just get the one from HERE).

Thanks XFlak, that's a good link.
If I don't want some of the hacks in hacks.ini, such as replacing health screen, can I just delete it from the file?

Franki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
Hey Guys thanks for holding my hand on this. Priiloader now installed and configured to block system and disc updates and region free everything.

I noticed that one of the options was to install using IOS249. Although I didn't select that option can you tell me what that was about?

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
so it works on a korean system menu? (sounds normal but now its finally confirmed)
never tried a jp system menu + priiloader myself but im guessing that should work as well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.