yes, it says 466
OP
Trophies
Website
466frfx.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey. Er, I just want to know - is dacotaco's priiloader safe?

Information:

I have a 4.3E Wii.
I installed the Homebrew Channel and BootMii/IOS with the Letterbomb exploit.
I have Riivolution for playing Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii.
I have CTGP Revolution for playing on custom tracks on Mario Kart Wii.
I have WiiMC for media.
I am using a Samsung microSD card adaptor with a Kingston 4GB microSDHC card.
It works fine.
I have not made a NAND backup with BootMii/IOS, because I heard that restoring from a NAND backup using BootMii/IOS is dangerous.
No, I can't install BootMii/boot2, because I have a Black Wii that I obtained on Christmas 2009.

So, yeah. halp plz?

Much appreciated.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Just backup your nand with the bootmii, no need for priiloader. Bootmii also allows you to do pretty much anything priiloader does.
Priiloader and BootMii aren't even a little bit the same. They don't even have the same purpose. Brick protections is just a nice side-effect.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Priiloader and BootMii aren't even a little bit the same. They don't even have the same purpose. Brick protections is just a nice side-effect.

He seems to just want it for brick protection was my point and bootmii will allow him to access the HBC or restore his nand so unless he wants to use some priiloader hacks there really is no reason to install it. I also never said the were the same thing, they just have similar features.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
He seems to just want it for brick protection was my point and bootmii will allow him to access the HBC or restore his nand so unless he wants to use some priiloader hacks there really is no reason to install it. I also never said the were the same thing, they just have similar features.
He can't install bootmii as boot2, so it's of no use for brick protection.

You said that "Bootmii also allows you to do pretty much anything priiloader does", which isn't true at all. The only similarity that they have is both are capable of launching the HBC.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
He can't install bootmii as boot2, so it's of no use for brick protection.

You said that "Bootmii also allows you to do pretty much anything priiloader does", which isn't true at all. The only similarity that they have is both are capable of launching the HBC.

"pretty much" was the key word there. They both install to run before the system menu, both allow access to HBC and both are used for brick protection. Other than some system menu hacks they are very similar.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
"pretty much" was the key word there. They both install to run before the system menu, both allow access to HBC and both are used for brick protection. Other than some system menu hacks they are very similar.
But "pretty much" is essentially incorrect.

Priiloader doesn't really run before the System Menu, it's part of it. Anyway, this isn't going anywhere.

PS: Priiloader HDE is looking good for an official release.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, this isn't going anywhere.

PS: Priiloader HDE is looking good for an official release.

Yeah, no sense in a debate over priiloader and bootmii. I don't even think the thread starter is even interested in this topic anymore lol. I apologize for this useless argument.

Since I don't have any more Wii customers bringing them in for softmodding or repairs I've been out of the Wii hacking scene for awhile, what are you doing with priiloader HDE?

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: JoostinOnline

yes, it says 466
OP
Trophies
Website
466frfx.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol, all I need to know is the safeness of priiloader. Is it completely safe? I just really don't wanna brick my Wii ^o^' PS: I'm using priiloader for brick protection since BootMii/IOS is BS & I want to install some themes from MyMenuify (and maybe some WADs), and I'm also using priiloader for the hacks (block updates, move disc channel, etc).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.