Priiloader and updating the Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Zetta_x, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Zetta_x
    OP

Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

Mar 4, 2010
    United States
    I have had a 3.4 wii for the longest time, at least for a couple years now.

I have bootmii as boot2 and I still want to keep this as boot2.

I want to use Priiloader too (mainly for its hacks), but as I recall, I would need a 4.X system menu to take advantage of them.
    Which means I would have to update, which means I'll probably face the risk of bricking updating the boot code.

So my main question is, can I use the priiloader hacks at system menu 3.4? If I decide to update, how can I bypass the boot2 portion of the update?

2. matguitarist

matguitarist GBAtemp Fan

Oct 14, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    BEFORE ALL MODIFICATION BE SURE TO HAVE A NAND BACKUP VIA BOOTMII

You could use Pimp my Wii, Multi Mod manager , dop mii or NUS Downloader to install latest IOS

- Install IOS58 with IOS58 installer
    - Upgrade HBC to 1.08
    - Install latest cios 249 , 222, 223 etc ... the one you need
    - Upgrade your IOS with your favorite apps, Pimp my Wii 2.02 update all your stuff : ios, cios, channel, system menu ...

Then install the system menu you want via wad manager or Pimp My Wii ... i use 4.3 without problem be sure to install HBC 1.08 first, you could re-enable bannerbomb with priiloader hacks

Install prilloader 0.5 and use this hacks.ini it's compatible with any 4.x version and all region ( put the hacks.ini file at the root of your SD card )

3. Zetta_x
    OP

Mar 4, 2010
    United States
    Thanks, with Pimp My Wii, will that update the Boot 2 coding to v4?

4. matguitarist

matguitarist GBAtemp Fan

Oct 14, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    no, only nintendo update will update your boot 2

all the other way just install needed stuff : dopmii , nus downloader MODMII, pimp my wii ...

5. Zetta_x
    OP

Mar 4, 2010
    United States
    Should be pretty straight forward especially since I have kept up with the wii scene for the last couple of years. Thanks, you rock.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice