OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I know I shouldn't update blindly especially with the brick issue with v0.5 but curiosity hasn't killed this cat .... yet. Anyway, I updated via the priiloader menu update option with no problems except it says "can't find hacks.ini". However, there's a new option in settings: 'use classic hacks.ini' . Just change this to 'on' & you're back in business. There's something new with references to hacks_hash.ini but I can't find any idiot's guide on how to set this up. Anyone got a link as I can't find any beta download reference on Dacotaco's blog or his Google code pages

UPDATE: Found this: http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/source/list but I guess I shouldn't play with what is work in progress & which I don't understand
wacko.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
kavid said:
have it any compiled .dol file to download???
Of course you can download it, and I know where, but it's on daco's site and I don't know if I'm allowed to post the location...
But I think it's ok to post the changelog:
QUOTEv0.6 : Beta 1
* "fixed" the installer for HBC
* Increased USB Support(thanks TT)
* Changed the Hacks method (see SVN)
* changed some small stuff
* code cleanup
* Fixed Online updating changelog
* [placeholder here to stop above bug]

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
since Daco is (still) Banned , he asked me to post the following :

the 0.6 beta 1 used to be available online for downloading trough 0.5 ; but is now not available anymore since he changed sha1 calculations which would result in the correct sha1 hash (see http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/source/detail?r=113 )

there is however a download in issue 86 ( http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/issues/detail?id=86#c13 )

HOWEVER

he asked me to say it nice and big that

ITS A BETA AND YOU SHOULD WATCH OUT WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE DOING SINCE BETA'S COULD DO ANYTHING

but for him, t0rres and me it all works like a charm.

also, the old hacks method is to be removed within 2 versions (0.6 introducing the new method : hashes + an option to use the old one, 0.7 removing the old method + the option )
the new version is alot more flexible, portable and compatible . the new method works with pure hex hash from the app itself. meaning that just giving the hash it could patch any region from a system menu version (or a few hacks are just patchable on all versions since the hash is the same on all of them) see http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/Priiloader/hacks
he would also wanted those hacks tested since he isn't sure if he ported them correctly (some were ported in a hurry or just very late at night)

the file should be called hacks_hash.ini on SD, and when the old method is removed he's planning using the regular hacks.ini name again.
the "use classic hacks" is indeed the option to use the old method, but daco strongly discourages anyone to use it over the hash method since the old method -WILL- get removed. and now that its still WIP its the time to test,fix and get users used to it instead of moving back to what they are used to.

EDIT : @FIX94 : Daco asked not to share the link since it can and *will* be used by freaking sites/chinese fuckers to direct link to the file which can hammer his website

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lulwut said:
EDIT : @FIX94 : Daco asked not to share the link since it can and *will* be used by freaking sites/chinese fuckers to direct link to the file which can hammer his website
Thanks for the information, I also thought that it's a bad idea to post it here because the link is not on the google code page.

sock99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Thanks a lot lulwut for the enlightenment and the beta warning (but hey-ho some of us just like to live on the edge & enjoy the risk of trashing the little black plastic box).

Actually I just tried the hacks_hash.ini from here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/File:Priiloader_hacks.zip and switched off 'use classic hacks.ini' but get a syntax error. However, Priiloader 0.6 still works fine with the switch on.

Yours irresponsibly,
J Kerviel
ph34r.gif

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
what was the syntax error? maybe daco had a mistake in the ini he uploaded (after all, he didn't intend to reveal it pubicly just yet)

sock99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
lulwut said:
what was the syntax error? maybe daco had a mistake in the ini he uploaded (after all, he didn't intend to reveal it pubicly just yet)
moogle.gif
Oops sorry, my moronic mistake - there's 2 files in the zip & I had used the 3_x version. With 4_x it works fine.

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
sock99 said:
lulwut said:
moogle.gif
Oops sorry, my moronic mistake - there's 2 files in the zip & I had used the 3_x version. With 4_x it works fine.
there was apparently indeed a syntax error in the 3x file. daco says he's working on it

EDIT: its fixed. either get the ini from the wiibrew page or the svn (the svn ini is a collection of all the hacks, while the wiibrew ini has it divided into system menu versions)

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
madridi4ever said:
umm.. I dont see a hack.ini in the beta package.. am I missing something here?
because its not in the beta package?
read my post again
and again
and again

untill you find the hacks for 0.6

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr