Pricing, games, and launch info for the Google Stadia will be revealed this summer

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, May 26, 2019.

1. kevin corms

kevin corms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 21, 2015
    Canada
    Google is doing their best using their information monopoly, they have been able to spread all kinds of bs as if its fact in the past so Im worried.

2. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 11, 2017
    United States
    I can't afford a gaming pc due to my current budget. Some cloud gaming services offer an affordable service that I like to use (I use Shadow). However the only problem I have is when streaming services or gaming services are downloading. Then I might have some latency (It also works with steam and other gaming services)

3. AlexMCS

AlexMCS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2018
    Brazil
    Meh. All I wanna know is if that controller's D-Pad is good enough for a fighting game.
    I'd buy the black joystick alone if it's good.

4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Yeah, gonna say no to this idea, Google can suck it. So can cloud gaming, hard pass.

Bladexdsl and kevin corms like this.
  5. kevin corms

kevin corms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 21, 2015
    Canada
    Theres got to be a point where they cross a line where they become hated by the general public, especially when Facebook is playing the same sort of game against them at times. I hope Google and facebook destroy each other.

Bladexdsl likes this.
  6. the_randomizer

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I mean, while i'm not paranoid, and the spying thing gives me an excuse to verbally flip them off, so to speak, I don't trust them with games.

7. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    These kinds of services seem great for turn based games and not much else. One could probably emulate the input latency by playing on a TV with the Movies preset.

8. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    can't pirate streaming games so what use do i have for it? :P FUCK STADIA

Last edited by Bladexdsl, May 26, 2019
  9. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    Good point. Just have to take the high bandwidth cost into account but for many that's a given with or without game streaming.

10. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    Do people still pirate games in 2019?! damn son, u really need a job!

11. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    I wouldn't assume a subscription here necessarily, there's as good a chance you instead buy games a la carte, and ongoing service is funded by ads/data harvesting as is typical for google. There's potentially great value there however for someone who only wants like 3-5 AAA games per generation to skip the cost of a console.

I mean if its fully replaced, you ain't pirating shit. Why do you think companies are so interested...

Last edited by Rahkeesh, May 26, 2019
  12. WhiteMaze

WhiteMaze GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron
    WhiteMaze is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 16, 2013
    Portugal
    The thing is, even slow paced/non competitive games, give you a fair amount of nausea when playing with a noticeable delay.

As I've posted before, I've tried multiple gaming cloud services, and while some are better than others, not a single one managed the make the input lag not noticeable. Not even close.

And I have a 200Mb fiber optic connection..

13. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    Of course if your Internet sucks, like it happens in Rural America or small cities then this thing is useless.

14. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I can hardly wait to see what this half-assed flop will be like. I expect shitty mobile ports of 2012 iPhone and Android games stretched out to run at 4K (upscaled of course) and locked at 30fps.

15. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    you forget streaming service means the games will get pulled at some point, by licensing time, or something they wont stream every game for eternity, they will stream them while they are making money after that they will probably loose the streaming so if you want to play them in afew years you probably wont be able to.

16. the_randomizer

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    No, but it will work against them, as collectors won't be willing to pay for games they can't even own, what a waste.

17. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    a few years old games costs as cheap as a box of oatmeal, if i wish to replay again i could just BUY IT. It will be a HUUUGE DEAL with a little monthly sub if they could get AAA titles added into library within few months away after their releases.

Just do the math, with the games i mentioned above, Dude

i don't see that will be a huge prob since STEAM, Blizzard and co. don't use boxes anymore. maybe console players won't like it but pc players??

Last edited by leon315, May 26, 2019
  18. diggeloid

diggeloid Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2019
    United States
    Fuck Google and their spying. They're worse than the Chinese government, and now they want me to pay them for the opportunity to farm my data while I play some games that I don't own with shitty compression artifacts and input lag? Fuck. That.

19. the_randomizer

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    At least with Steam, you actually download the games, and should companies go under, you just crack the Steam games, remove DRM and they're yours forever. Streaming is not the same thing, at all, what is that you're not understanding?

Steam - digital download - on HDD
    Streaming - just that, streaming, no downloads, nothing to the HDD, no keeping games, why the hell would I want that?

20. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto Vigilante

GBAtemp Patron
    CallmeBerto is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 1, 2017
    United States
    USA

Yeah, the latency thing is also a major concern of mines as well. If Google really wants this to take off they will need to address this first and foremost and at a price that people will be willing to think (why not). If they are smart they should have a one week trial for all first time users.

WhiteMaze likes this.