Price of exchange drive for the Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Drake008, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Drake008
    OP

Drake008 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2008
    Gambia, The
    I have a Gamecube compatible Wii and want to play Gamecubegames on it. Problem is that I have one of the newer drives in it so that I cannot solder a modchip to it as the drive isn't compatible to burned media.

The Wii is "hacked". What for solutions could you give me. Would be the best solution to get a premodded drive or is there an emulator to run games off of an external HDD like it is with the wii games? I have read that some games have streaming audio which isn'T supported by many chips/software.

So is there a good solution for me?

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    NintenDONT I believe is the one which allows USB loading for GC games.
    Or DIOS MIOS...

Someone better knowledgeable then me can explain what you need to do ;p

migles likes this.
  3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    there is.
    nintendont
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/

you can also install Dios mios (which is a gamecube firmware replace) however this method is older and the creator vanished...

PS: the project of dios mios is most likely gone.. since it was uploaded on google code which is now dead, the files were at crediar's website which is also dead...

Last edited by migles, Oct 17, 2016
  4. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    Don't bother with DIOS MIOS. Nintendont basically supports everything DM did, and then some:
    • More reliable memory card emulation.
    • Audio streaming.
    • Support for USB and SD in a single build.
    • Wii controllers (Wii Remote + Nunchuk, Classic Controller, Wii U Pro Controller)
    • Triforce games

5. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    nintendont and CFG loader. You can use WiiFlow, but I like CFG loader as it's finished and it doesn't force you to cycle through other emulators and channels to switch between wii and GameCube games.

6. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I always wanted to get my wii gamecube ready, but I could never really parse the guides. Or i never set aside the time. My research says that Nintendont is the one you want.

7. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    For Nintendont it's a really simple setup:
    1. Copy the Nintendont loader to sd:/apps/Nintendont/ (or usb:/).
    2. Copy game disc images to /games/GAMEID/game.iso (subdirectory structure is currently required; I'm working on removing this restriction).
    3. Start the Nintendont loader via Homebrew Channel.
    4. Select storage device, then select a game.
    If you press B in the game list, you can adjust the various Nintendont options, including the size of the emulated memory card. (Don't use anything higher than 251 blocks; I usually use 59-block emulated cards, since the default setting is to use one card image per game.)

8. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    crediar isn't vanished... He's right here. :) You can still get the source from https://code.google.com/archive/p/diosmios/ but it requires a few tools that aren't in the repository to finish building it into a MIOS. I can provide them if anyone needs them.