(price check) New 3DS XL Dual IPS Screens (used)

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I been thinking since now the console gaming on handhelds may be starting to improve and move forward with the release of the Nintendo Switch on the horizon. I was thinking about selling my New 3ds but I have no idea what price point I should list it at.

In short, some quick info on the console: It was bought used on ebay for about $500 USD, and has a slight scratch on the top of the 3ds (the top shell not the screen.) Other then that its pretty much in perfect condition to.

It has also been modified with Luma 3DS CFW. It has been originally modified on the latest FW. (11.2.25) as well.

I was just curious. I was thinking $470 might be a good price since it was used (twice.) by multiple people (that ebay user & me.)

I'm not going to provide pictures just yet since i'm not actually selling it. I would just like some suggestions for now on what I should price it at :P.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought it when the prices for the ips screens started soaring. That's probably why.

I have even looked on listings for any new 3ds xl dual ips screens, and they still go for about $400 - $500 (new or used) For just one ips screen (top or bottom) they go for about a little over $100 or $200.

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe at Christmas time when it was very difficult to find any unit. In today's market, $300 USD is a likely sale. To get into the $500 range, you're going to need multiple bidders pushing up your price, and a special edition console. Good luck with the sale if you decide to go thru with it !

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe at Christmas time when it was very difficult to find any unit. In today's market, $300 USD is a likely sale. To get into the $500 range, you're going to need multiple bidders pushing up your price, and a special edition console. Good luck with the sale if you decide to go thru with it !

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just realized;
It was probably $100 more becuase it was on 9.2 FW previously when CFW wasn't possible on 11.X FW.

I think it auto updated through sleep mode, or someone updated the system.

Never the less it would still go around for $300 - $400.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I could maybe see that having better screens would increase the value a bit, but saying that having two special screens will make the value of your old, used console worth nearly 3 times that of a brand new n3ds is ridiculous!

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I could maybe see that having better screens would increase the value a bit, but saying that having two special screens will make the value of your old, used console worth nearly 3 times that of a brand new n3ds is ridiculous!
dual ips is rare :/ y'see how much a virtualboy sells for? thats like the shittiest console (some games are fun but blindness is real) its cause its rare :/ cubic ninja started soaring because it was 1. rare 2. homebrew

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dual ips is rare :/ y'see how much a virtualboy sells for? thats like the shittiest console (some games are fun but blindness is real) its cause its rare :/ cubic ninja started soaring because it was 1. rare 2. homebrew
The virtualboy is expensive because it was a flop. People are interested in it, to see what Nintendo could have done. They're rare, and mostly collectors will buy them. And you're right about cubic ninja, but it's price was also driven sky high by scalpers. I don't think a copy of cubic ninja sold for $600 either lol. Nothing to me justifies a $600 3ds. It might be a great Nintendo console, homebrew might be rampant, but having special screens with a difference only noticeable if you look for it in no way justifies paying triple the price of a brand new console, at least to me.

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
The virtualboy is expensive because it was a flop. People are interested in it, to see what Nintendo could have done. They're rare, and mostly collectors will buy them. And you're right about cubic ninja, but it's price was also driven sky high by scalpers. I don't think a copy of cubic ninja sold for $600 either lol. Nothing to me justifies a $600 3ds. It might be a great Nintendo console, homebrew might be rampant, but having special screens with a difference only noticeable if you look for it in no way justifies paying triple the price of a brand new console, at least to me.
:D buy a console for $200 sell for $600 profit

Reactions: Boogieboo6

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1