OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I just finished Prey for the PC (Also available for Xbox360) and damn was it good
ph34r.gif

It did tend to drag a little in the middle but once it built up steam it really got moving, the last hour in particular was really awesome
smile.gif
The whole game was kind of like a hollywood blockbuster, lots of action, slightly cheesy characters and aliens intent on invading and harvesting us for food.

If you haven't tried out the PC Demo I suggest you give it a shot, as it's the first 4 or so levels. Weird gravity, portals and whatnot make it quite innovative.

Also here's something you should check out whether you've played the game or not:

Prey Music Video

That's the title song by After Midnight Project, very very nice!

....yes I like Prey, and a Sequel is coming
wub.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought it was very polished, but my heart sank after the (excellent) bar section at the start, when I realised that the whole rest of the game was going to be set in the generic, done-2000-times-before futuristic semi-organic boiler room style claustrophobic spaceship containing cyber demons overseeing the production line slaughter of humans.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't completed it, not got that far either (Indeed if I play it too long it makes me feel rather queesy, especially with a hangover), but it's been out in some form or another for a fair while now. So it's fair enough to assume that people who don't have my packed schedule of work and an alcohol problem to maintain could have finished it at a moderate pace
wink.gif

accolon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I got Prey yesterday, and it's one of the best games I've played on the PC since the release of Half Life 2.

The bar scene is nice, especially when the aliens start to suck the roof in and the jukebox begins to play "Don't fear the reaper". Just great!
smile.gif
I also love those walkways and the portals (sometimes you can even shoot yourself through one of them), and just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I learned how to leave my body.

Of course, the half-organic rooms and the cyborgs are a bit generic, but as long as the game is fun (which it is!), it doesn't bother me that much.

apofaz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought it was very polished, but my heart sank after the (excellent) bar section at the start, when I realised that the whole rest of the game was going to be set in the generic, done-2000-times-before futuristic semi-organic boiler room style claustrophobic spaceship containing cyber demons overseeing the production line slaughter of humans.

yep, it starts really good - the demo is good, but there is nothing new in the rest of the game. same hallways - same enemies over and over again.

teh_raf3

Whatever suits you
Trophies
Website
users.pandora.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm also playing Prey, alsmost finished it. It's good, but I hope that 3D realms would start working on Duke Nukem Forever seriously now.

Oh well, after Prey I got Outrun06, Titan Quest and Devil May Cry III to finish
rofl2.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I don't think there is a bright future for Duke Nukem ForNever even if it does eventually come out sometime next decade.

Sure Prey was originally made back in 1997, but they stopped work completely on it and canned it. ForNever has bits and pieces of it sitting around 3D Realms still. They'd need to make it quite innovative and revolutionary when it came out to warrant the wait.

Prey was quite innovative with the gravity, portals and spirit walking, cinematic experience (your character actually talks!). They all brought a new element to the FPS genre I thought. Otherwise it would just be another Quake 4.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't started on the game just yet. Played the demo last week though and it was damned good. Are the demo saves compatible with the retail version? Want to start where I left off
biggrin.gif

teh_raf3

Whatever suits you
Trophies
Website
users.pandora.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't think there is a bright future for Duke Nukem ForNever even if it does eventually come out sometime next decade.

Sure Prey was originally made back in 1997, but they stopped work completely on it and canned it. ForNever has bits and pieces of it sitting around 3D Realms still. They'd need to make it quite innovative and revolutionary when it came out to warrant the wait.

Prey was quite innovative with the gravity, portals and spirit walking, cinematic experience (your character actually talks!). They all brought a new element to the FPS genre I thought. Otherwise it would just be another Quake 4.

If Duke Nukem Forever is as good as Duke Nukem 3D, then I'm getting it from the first day it's out. Prey has some innovations, but the part I'm playing now (some of the last parts of the game) are really just another mix of these things, blended with the same environments making you do the same things over and over.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm about 75% through prey now, and i have to admit this game has crawled into my mind and invaded my dreams more than anything i can remember since half life 1.

a true masterpiece and i can't wait to see how it ends

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah I can still go for totinos