Gaming Prevent Game Updates

Sakebu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a softmodded 3.4U wii. I can play my back ups just fine. But i recently bought a game and put it in the wii. But in the 1st box, it says Update Wii System. I dont want to update because then i will lose the ability to play back ups. is there any way to by pass this?

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could...

run the disc through neogamma everytime
or
update to 4.2 and rehack then use startpatch or priiloader to add the skip update patch
or
update your system IOSs with Dop-IOS and use startpatch or priiloader and add the skip update patch (not 100% sure this works)

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Run the games thru Gecko, works fine for my original NSMB disk
wink.gif

elmoreas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have an older system menu and you want to play a game that requires an update, or in my case always just to be on the safe side, run the game through Gecko OS, it loads only the part of the game that is needed to play and not the update and will prevent the update from installing. Gecko OS is stable and safe and does not touch your NAND in any way AFAIK. If it does it is not in a way that is going to damage your Wii. That is why I always run my games through Gecko OS, and not just to cheat either. Granted I am a little biased because I own the USB Gecko and I write codes for it but the app is great and is a safe way to run games on older system menus. If you have any questions about Gecko OS please feel free to ask me and I will do my best to help you out. BTW it will work with any game that has an update on it not just NSMB though that is a perfect example of its capabilities. I hope this shines a little more light on the value of Gecko OS. Talk to you later.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all